Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster High getting a less scary reboot this fall.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

A few more reboot clips.

Building Monster High with Clawdeen and her new continuity little brothers. I guess this means Clawd and Howleen are not in the reboot.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Moanica D'Kay

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Werewolf; May 31, '16, 10:16 PM. Reason: fixed link
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

I wonder how popular MH is compared to its earliest release. Sadly my teenage daughters aren't collecting them anymore because they don't want to be a collector like Daddy. They see the house full of Mego and Lego and shake their heads at me.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jacoblb
        I wonder how popular MH is compared to its earliest release.
        It's a billion dollar brand and the third best selling fashion doll line following Barbie and Disney Princess. Like I mentioned earlier, I think this reboot is because of Mattel losing the Disney Princess license to Hasbro.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

This may just be Mattel being Mattel, now that I think about it. How many siblings of Barbie have been jettisoned out of canon over the years? Maybe Mattel operates under the "rotating kids" idea that comic editors used to swear by.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Barbie has never really had a continuing storyline. It changes from theme to theme.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Another thing that kinda irks me about the reboot is they finally had a chance to correct the height of the Draculaura dolls. Draculaura and Ghoulia have always been shorter in the cartoons than the other ghouls but their dolls are the same height as everyone else. Draculaura is still short in the reboot and this would have been a perfect chance to release a doll with the correct height.

I'm also disappointed there is now no chance they will release dolls of Slo Mo and Clawd in their cartoon outfits.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Reboot Ari Hauntington commercial.

Comment

• patches
                  • Jan 12, 2015

Cuter, less scary... but still dressed and styled like Hookers? Impressive. Although I never understood the fuss. Then Bratz dolls were always way scarier than Monster High.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

New trailer.

You can see Twyla, Venus, Toralei and who I'm pretty sure is Invisi Biliy. But no Ghoulia. That can't be a good sign.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

I don't get that at all. Bad decision!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡