X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by binkystarr
    Its an impressive figure however, im NOT a fan of Gal Gadot nor a fan of this terrible non Wonder Woman costume. I like Wonder Woman to look like Wonder Woman with her red boots,eagle breasted plate,bracelets,proper and correct tiara and ALWAYS the stars on her bottoms and on her outfit. I hope they make a Lynda Carter figure like this. This particular costume strays so far away from what Wonder Woman looks like to the point where she looks nothing like Wonder Woman.
    I wasn't sure about Gal at first either but I'm fully on board now. As to the costume, while I am a fan of the old Linda Carter costume, it has it's place. I just don't see any way the old satin and stars costume would have translated to the big screen in this day and age. It would have been so out of date and out of place with the modern take it would have been laughable and, at least, for me, taken me out of the moment and the movie. The costume in the movie is very close to what she has worn in recent comics so for me it's a nice blend and touches on her Amazon Warrior back story.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Gal Gadot made me forget about Lynda Carter...I can't even watch that old show anymore...it's so corny to me now.

Gadot resembles the modern day comic book WW more as well.

Nostalgia only goes so far with me.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
        I wasn't sure about Gal at first either but I'm fully on board now. As to the costume, while I am a fan of the old Linda Carter costume, it has it's place. I just don't see any way the old satin and stars costume would have translated to the big screen in this day and age. It would have been so out of date and out of place with the modern take it would have been laughable and, at least, for me, taken me out of the moment and the movie. The costume in the movie is very close to what she has worn in recent comics so for me it's a nice blend and touches on her Amazon Warrior back story.
        Exactly...agreed 100%...
        sigpic

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

Plus, she looks BAD ***!

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, what a gorgeous figure!

Originally posted by samurainoir
            If they did Lynda Carter like this, I would not be able to resist.
            And you probably wouldn't leave the house for awhile.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
              Plus, she looks BAD ***!
              She can also lasso me anytime as well...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                looks fantastic ,great news i can retire my mattel custom soon lol

Niiiiiiiiice!
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

It's Sif! Sorry, couldn't resist. It's a lovely figure. Surprisingly, I like the Darwyn Cooke-esque armor.

Does WW use her lasso in the film? Couldn't she just tie up Batman and make him have a nervous breakdown?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    It's Sif! Sorry, couldn't resist. It's a lovely figure. Surprisingly, I like the Darwyn Cooke-esque armor.

Does WW use her lasso in the film? Couldn't she just tie up Batman and make him have a nervous breakdown?
                    PM on your way, I don't want to spoil anything here...
                    sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 3, 2009

thanks for the kind words guys ,
                      yeah they are 12 inch ,they are kitbashed from mattel stuff ,the batman barbie and 12 inch multiverse wonder woman ,and the hair is a hair piece from hot toys scarlet witch ,it will tide me over for a bit ,cant wait to get the hot toys version
                      glad you enjoyed the flick hector ,i was rooting for you pal lol
                      i enjoyed it enormously,looking forward to seeing it again , lex was a little distracting but though all the "good "guys were on note, for me anyway lol ,not to single her out but hard to believe how good wonder woman came off after all the negativity over her casting ,but to me she had the right amount of everything ,she looks great in the world war one photo too , enjoyed the hell out of her performance ,love to see her cross over with thor in a movie sometime lol ,epic potential "jaws" comparing war wounds scene in that one lol

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Agreed with every single word you posted, although I liked Eisenberg a bit more than you did, he...
                        sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

yeah i thought he was interesting but after thinking it over he sort of plays renfield to the threat he speaks of in prisons dracula ,which is pretty cool in its self , looks like its hitting 420 mill world wide opening weekend

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎