Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone found the new indiana jones figures yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

I saw the 12" figures at Walmart.

Indy with jacket(talking Indy)
    Indy without jacket
    Cairo Swordsman
    Mutt, Indy's son

They looked cool, but didn't buy em.
    The talking Indy has a rubber face and his mouth moves too. Kinda cool, but would scare the kids...and/or pets.

right on.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by rche
      There are two vehicles out for the Indy line right now. The cargo truck (with whip dragging action) and the troop car. I got a couple of cases in last week and the truck is awesome. A little bigger than the vintage guy, but packed with all the play potential. The rig for dragging figures by the whip and pulling them towards the truck is BIG fun. The grill also pops forward to knock the figure off of the front of the truck; this is, of course, after you have ejected him through the front window. WOW. The troop car does not pack as much play in with it, but looks great alongside the truck; and if you line all of them up with the horse and motorcycle from the Deluxe line you have yourself a real chase scene.
      Thats Very cool. After you posted that, I saw the Horse, Motorcycle & both Trucks online. Great stuff,.. Just what I was looking for ! It's real neat for me to see stuff Like this... Here's hoping for an AirPlane & a Tank.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        ... Here's hoping for an AirPlane & a Tank.
        You might have to keep hoping on that one BK. Hasbro likes to pull the plug on the vehicles first when a line goes down and who knows what kind of staying power Indy really has. I do know that there is a pretty extensive 4" scale lineup this year. They are even going to put out a decent Temple of Doom wave, which was never done with the vintage line. Here's to Short Round at last.

Oh yeah, there is one more vehicle on my order sheet that I have not placed a checkmark next to. It is some kind of heavy duty lawnmower for the jungle scenes in the upcoming flick. Thinking of planes and tanks, those guys with Ultimate Soldier do a real fine job at 1:18 (and several other) scale. I have seen a few Indy dioramas poplulated with Ultimate Soldier germans. These are usually all over the shelves at the local WM store.

enjoy the hunt and go ahead and open the box
        rche

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

... Well you half to open them,.. to get the Website Exclusive. Thats Why I buy 2 of each of the ones I want moc,.. or mib. I also Have an 8yr old. Always double the cash for my single interests.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• Beatnik
            Museum Patron
            • Apr 2, 2008

The local WM near the house had nothing as always and told me they couldn't put anything out because it was dated or whatever. Dated what, May 1rst, look at the calender dumbass.

When I went to a decent store I got my Jones fix! I thought the Talking Indy was broke too when I first tried him. Yep, he's a muppet and you gotta keep punching him in the gut to make his mouth move with his speech. I guess you could set him on your lap for a cool ventriloquist act though!

"Hey Indy, my toilet backed up and I had to use the snake"

"Snakes, why does it always have to be snakes!!!"
            Last edited by Beatnik; May 2, '08, 4:36 AM.

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

I went back to TRU today to see how the Indy stuff was selling. First TRU I hit, the one I was at on Wed, was PICKED CLEAN of the 12" and 3 3/4" stuff....only the Tater guy, the whip toy, and the goofy little adventure heroes guys were left!!!
              I hit a second TRU, and had to sit and wait while this total jackass literally had a cart up against the end cap and was picking through the Indy figures, throwing most of them in his cart. Peacefull like, I decided to ignore this guy and headed over to check out the other sections and headed back there about ten minutes later to see some old lady giving this guy the gears! He turned tail and ran, then she started doing the exact same thing!!!
              I gave up and hit a third, more out of the way TRU and picked up a truck and some Germans to sit on the shelf with the Indy I picked up the other day. I no sooner turn away and this greasy looking dude pulls up with a cart, and proceeded to pick the section clean!! Literally throwing everything into a cart!!??
              I havent seen this kind of chaos since the Phantom menace figures hit.
              I hope the kids and other decent folk are able to get ahold of this stuff.....and the people I saw today choke on a Dorito while they are sitting on e-bay trying to scam somebody!
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

i'm sure the market will be flooded in no time. just look at the speed racer stuff!

Comment

• LadyZod
                  Superman's Gal Pal
                  • Jan 27, 2007

I picked up a bunch of Indy figures and a Mutt fig.

Anyone know of a list of the artifacts that are available with the figures?

Heads up, the Mutt fig WITH jacket has the coolest Spear of Destiny! And Belloq has a possible Mego scale fertility idol.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                  Check out my art:
                  Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                  Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• mitchedwards
                    Mego Preservation Society
                    • May 2, 2003

There is a bunch of the Indy figues at my Walmart. If anyone needs one PM me and I'll go look for ya

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I picked up the 12 inch talker, I really dig it. nice and simple. Wish it would have been a pull string like a Joe talker, tho. Worth it for the snakes line alone.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        I picked up the 12 inch talker, I really dig it. nice and simple. Wish it would have been a pull string like a Joe talker, tho. Worth it for the snakes line alone.
                        I think the whip cracking one is actually the nicer of the two. Probably the best Ford likeness Kenner/Hasbro has ever done. The whip cracking one looks great with the jacket from the talker but unfortunately the action feature doesn't work with it on.

Also, all the Indy toys seem to sell out pretty fast.

So far I've seen all of the Adventure Hero figures. They're kinda cute but I haven't gotten any yet. Maybe after I finish the 3 3/4 inch scale stuff.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

You shouldn't have any problem locating this stuff now.
                          If you can't find any at your local shop, try the official hasbrotoyshop.com. I think they are shipping later, so if you have to get your fix NOW, then that might not work. But; it is guaranteed. If you are into the thrill of the hunt, it will probably be a little hairy until the flick comes out and then my bet is everyone will forget about Indy within a month. Hasbro has a decent schedule of toys up into the fall though, so those of you who want figures from the first three movies should be happy.

If you really can't wait, ebays Indy listing has jumped from approx 100+ items per day to over 800 in the past week. Somebody has what you want and if they've got it with a low opener and no reserve, you just might get lucky.

have a good time
                          rche

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

I forgot to mention, unlike the Anniversary GI JOE figures, the new Hasbro Indiana Jones figures are in true 3 3/4 inch scale.

So new figures are in exact perfect scale with the Kenner figures. Right now I have the new Hasbro Raiders Indy and Sallah displayed in the Kenner Well of Souls playset. Looks awesome!
                            Last edited by Werewolf; May 5, '08, 3:22 PM.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• toystalker
                              none
                              • Mar 27, 2008

its all pretty cool but what sucks for me is the prices...

you guys pay $6.99 for a figure

we pay £6.99

6.99 GBP = 13.7851 USD

sucks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                                The DarkSide Customizer
                                • Apr 16, 2005

I love the fact they are StarWars scale.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎