Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THX 1138
    • May 6, 2014

New 'Ultimate posable Barbie' that's 'Made to Move'

My wife complains that they dont make barbies like they once did because all of them are hard plastic with non posable arms and legs. Yesterday, I noticed they now have an 'Ultimate posable Barbie' that's 'Made to Move'. It has double jointed elbows and knees, looks like the the design of the type S bodies with the upgraded limbs. Anybody else see them yet?
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The Made to Move Barbies are the most articulated yet. But the life in the Dream House Barbies were also well articulated with ball jointed elbows, shoulders and wrists. There's actually lots of articulated ones out there.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I recall vintage Barbies and Kens that reused certain molds many times and even in older Disney releases and Signature lines, which were all plastic and very poseable--maybe copyright 1968?

The basic new ones are very limited.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

According to Cindy, a lot of Barbie collectors are upset about the super-articulated Barbie Silkstone doll. The joints and seams are too obvious, etc.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

There's a Brick Mantooth joke in there somewhere.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎