X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Funko Rocky Horror

Not a big fan of RH but I have to give Funko props for the figures, a nice effort went into these.

Buy The Rocky Horror Picture Show Dr. Frank-N-Furter ReAction 3 3/4-Inch Retro Funko Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

those are hilariously awesome. I may have to splurge.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 12, 2004

Funko made RHPS Pop Vinyl figures too.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

These will be hard to resist.
        ReAction probably thought, "Don't dream it, be it..."
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

dang it. Only available in straight case packs at the moment.
          I could get a couple of cases if the pack was mixed, but I don't think I can do six cases of figures.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I love that I can pick and choose which ReAction lines to embrace. Never got into Rocky Horror, but these look swell for those who did.

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

Those look amazing!!!
              Sammy

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                dang it. Only available in straight case packs at the moment.
                I could get a couple of cases if the pack was mixed, but I don't think I can do six cases of figures.
                Are they just offering these two figures (Frank and Riff Raff), Rche, or are there more?
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

These are in that "win" category of ReAction figures. Nice to see them perhaps slowing down and injecting some consistent quality into the line.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

double post, whoops
                    Last edited by rche; Nov 10, '15, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      Are they just offering these two figures (Frank and Riff Raff), Rche, or are there more?
                      There are six figures. Frank, Rif Raf, Magenta, Columbia, Brad, and Janet, with the last two in their bathrobes and undies. Good stuff.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

They look to have put a lot more effort into these than the majority of their figures. So, that's really good. Happy for the fans of the movie. But, to me, it's just another license choice that reinforces that they don't quite get the concept of 70/80s Kenner figures.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^I don't know....Kenner was going to release Alien figures in this scale, so there's an R-rated movie for you. Sure, Rocky Horror is more subversive, but it's no less a kids line than Alien in some ways. Plus, it is from the time period.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                            There are six figures. Frank, Rif Raf, Magenta, Columbia, Brad, and Janet, with the last two in their bathrobes and undies. Good stuff.
                            That's a great line-up. Oddly, no Rocky? Or will he be a convention exclusive?

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              ^I don't know....Kenner was going to release Alien figures in this scale, so there's an R-rated movie for you. Sure, Rocky Horror is more subversive, but it's no less a kids line than Alien in some ways. Plus, it is from the time period.

Chris
                              Kenner mistakenly thought they were getting the next SW with Aliens and to be fair astronauts and alien creatures are pretty toyetic. No way they would have touched other R rated 70s stuff like Taxi Driver. Now something like Jaws makes perfect sense and is actually very well done.

But most of their license choices just seem down right nonsensical, to me, for a retro Kenner line. To them, Retro Kenner just seemed to mean poor generic sculpts on whatever license they could slap on it. I mean Pulp Fiction, Boondock Saints, Fight Club!? What the!? They don't fit the era and don't exactly make you think of Kenner. I don't personally care for Back to the Future or Goonies but they make absolutely perfect sense. The whole reaction line just screams missed opportunity. Instead of actual retro properties like Addams Family, Krull, Thundarr, Labyrinth, Monster Squad, Beetlejuice, Battlestar Galactica, etc. they make modern properties like Breaking Bad.

A retro Kenner line should have been a big hit. But they cranked out a lot poorly sculpted modern properties way too fast and tanked the whole thing. I would be surprised if the announced, but never shown, Dark Crystal or Munsters line will actually see the light of day.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎