Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I went out on Ebay to see if I could help you find a could buy. There are a few out there. This was the cheapest. Not a bad price either but I guess with all of the Mach 5's out there right now, some may not know about this one.

SPEED RACER RESAURUS MACH 5 PLAYSET MIB RARE!! - eBay (item 6043733065 end time May-01-08 19:17:21 PDT)

Comment

• Seeker
      Neptunians RULE!
      • Feb 20, 2008

It will be interesting to see a anime turned Live action. The visuals looked sharp.

As far as the toys go I've see different scaled cars and they all looked nice. Personally I'd rather have the colored version over the solid chrome.

The figures on the other hand look crappy. Really on the cheap side. I know the car is the "Star" of the movie but come on.
      Lo there do I see my Father.
      Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
      Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
      Lo they do call me.
      They bid me take my place among them.
      In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

It's too bad Resaurus didn't last long enough to make Racer X's Shooting Star. I'm pretty sure one was planned.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

Has anyone either seen or bought one of the Jada remote control Mach 5's? I've seen the Hot Wheels RC, but it is very cheap looking for $24.
          It's all good!

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

I haven't seen the Jada RC car yet but last week I saw some of their die-cast stuff and it was pretty impressive. I'll definitely have to get the Corgi scale version.

Comment

• jds1911a1
              Alan Scott is the best GL
              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
              Not a bad package. Cool find! The movie itself however is something entirely different. I'm just not feeling it. The effects look too conceptualized and I deplore the idea they are retiring the Mach 5 in favor of a 'Mach 6' in the very first film. That car is 99% of the reason why I watched the cartoon as a kid, so why they think the car needs to be changed is just bizaare to me. I believe the film is pretty much dead on arrival. I have liked some of the Mach 5's on the toy shelves (and the one featured on this thread is well done). But I've held off buying any because their not completely faithful to the cartoon version.

Many years ago (1997) a toy company called ReSaurus made what, in my humble opinion, was the definitive Mach 5. 12+ inches long and every accessory the Mach 5 had - saws, jacks, homing bird; even a pop up periscope. It came with Spridle and Chim Chim. I liked it so much I bought two of them. To this day I haven't seen anything that beat's it. But for those that are backing this movie, I truly hope the experience is a great one for them. For myself, ticket prices are getting ridiculous, even for matinees, so if my vibe is not a good one, I will wait for a video rental and watch it on my
              47" HDTV. The evolution of home theater has reached a point where you now have a choice and can say no to these inflated prices.
              I guess you were luck enough not to see the Speed racer cartoon made in the 90's same thing there new car UGHH it was horrifically bad. I agree about that car it rocked (figs were nice too). I was leary on the teasers as each longer trailer hits TV I want to see this even less. IF it gets to the redbox dollar rental maybe I will rent it

Comment

• livnxxxl
                Megoholic RocketScientist
                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                I went out on Ebay to see if I could help you find a could buy. There are a few out there. This was the cheapest. Not a bad price either but I guess with all of the Mach 5's out there right now, some may not know about this one.

SPEED RACER RESAURUS MACH 5 PLAYSET MIB RARE!! - eBay (item 6043733065 end time May-01-08 19:17:21 PDT)
                Hi, Thanks alot for your time and research on this. Looking at the auction ad it would appear that it is the same one that I already have from years ago. Not a bad price at all though considering the prices of the new stuff. Thanks again!
                Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎