Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fisher Price Adventure people successor with Academy Sports?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magenta
    • Apr 21, 2013

Fisher Price Adventure people successor with Academy Sports?

Wifey and I went shopping at Academy Sports. I saw they had a toy aisle.

Shop Academy Sports + Outdoors for sporting goods, hunting, fishing and camping equipment. Find recreation and leisure products, footwear, apparel, grills, bikes, g...

Wow...Gi Joe type guys with hunting gear etc. I was sold.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Wal-Mart sells these also but they are located in there Hotwheel/Cars isle. You can even pick up Duck Dynasty figures (I put them with my Dreadnoks).
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 5, 2014

Very interesting. I did a little poking around and came up with this:

It seems that this stuff started coming out around the same time the Chap Mei produced items we were just discussing here did (around 10 to 15 years ago), but is similarly kind of obscure. I'd say this company has a sort of dual identity, as the licensed lines are more modern, macho and aggressive, but the generic lines (the "Imagination Adventure Series" and "Adventure Wheels" items in particular) are absolutely a throwback to Adventure People, Play People and other "outdoor adventure" lines of the mid '70s to early '80s, just like the Chap Mei/Animal Planet sets.

I have a weird obsession with this sort of stuff, so it's kind of a mind-blower to find multiple current lines like this flying under the radar. I would guess that the relative popularity of outdoors-based "reality" programming over the last decade has something to do with this, as these sort of toys pretty much disappeared after around 1983, and while I'm no expert on '90s toys, I don't think anything like this really existed then, either. It makes me wonder what else might have slipped out to little notice...

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

This is the sort of stuff that pops up when military stuff falls out of favor. I think we are seeing a rotation cycle where the companies are cutting back instead of stopping completely, maybe to keep their lines ready for the rotation to come back around.

CCC.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Big Lots around Christmas will get in the Military sets and some of them are just amazing. I seem to see Treehouse figures at Bass Pro Shop and Tractor Supply around Christmas along with there dog sets.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I have an older edition camping set w/ a bear that I found on Ebay. I also used to have a set for my after school class.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍