X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Batman:The Animated Series from DC Collectibles

Anyone picked these up yet? I'm tempted, but DC Collectibles' quality control is horrible. I bought DC Direct stuff for years, and it was bad enough, but in later years it's non-existent.

Michael Crawford did a review on Batman and Catwoman, and Catwoman came out of the package, broken.

Batman & Catwoman Animated action figures from DC Collectibles - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

If these would survive taking them out of the package, I'd be all in. But I have my doubts.

Chris
    sigpic
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I love the B:TAS style figures. They are one of my favorite lines after Super Powers. However, I just can't get past the hip/legs joints. I think it throws everything off. I may bite on Robin but that will be about it. I agree with Michael, if they don't fix the breakage issues this line won't survive.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

It's not my thing to pee all over a toy offering, but these look like $%!+. The originals are a hundred times better, and I'd fork over the money for "vintage" before I'd own one of these. I wouldn't own them for free. I'm a huge BTAS fan, but a turd's a turd.

Comment

• kerowack
        Career Member
        • Feb 27, 2008

I boiled all three of mine as soon as I got them. No breakages thankfully. They are fantastic figures with tremendous accessories. If this line gets to the ones revealed and a classic poison ivy, mr freeze and clay face, I'm happy.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

The hip joints are bugging me too. The DCUC figures handle that type of articulation MUCH better.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• kerowack
            Career Member
            • Feb 27, 2008

Staring at them on a shelf, the hip joints don't bother me. I absolutely love the two face. He's in my top five figures of the year. Great accessories and just a perfect figure. Right now, these and the apes are the only thing on my radar. The classic apes are definitely a higher quality of figure, but I've seen breakage reports on those too. I guess it depends on how much you love the animated series. These figures are just perfect renditions of the show designs.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

My love for the animated series knows no bounds...but my tolerance for shoddy workmanship is very low. I think it's inexcusable that these toy companies can't put out product that won't stand up to taking them out of the package.

I'm still waffling on these because of this.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• kerowack
                Career Member
                • Feb 27, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                My love for the animated series knows no bounds...but my tolerance for shoddy workmanship is very low. I think it's inexcusable that these toy companies can't put out product that won't stand up to taking them out of the package.

I'm still waffling on these because of this.

Chris
                I totally get it. I caved on a catwoman. Had no issues and ended up with batman and two face. Batmans leg was incredibly stiff, but boiling the figure really worked. I'm glad I waited and heard of breakages because I would've forced it and snapped a joint for sure. The stands are fantastic and now all I can think about is how I'm missing freeze....even if I prefer the other look for him.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎