Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I really don't understand how TRU is staying in business. Their prices are just deplorable these days. It's like how Kay-Bee used to be. And we saw what happened to them.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• JWLJN
      Veteran Member
      • May 7, 2013

The Wal Mart that I found mine at has since "updated" the price to $15.97. Still not as bad as TRU.

No sign of the three-pack or the Bruce Wayne/Batcomputer deal.

-J\/\/
      http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        ^I really don't understand how TRU is staying in business. Their prices are just deplorable these days. It's like how Kay-Bee used to be. And we saw what happened to them.

Chris
        Well,TRU isn't doing good as some may think....they are in serious financial DEBT that is being called in by 2016...they will still be around as long as "investors" keep interested and banks keep loaning them money.Though,another buy-out may have to happen before they start closing some stores to the eventual going out of business.They are the last true toy store left and Toy manufacturers will do everything they can to keep TRU around,such as Disney possibly buying them out in the future.

Kaybee toys failed because they turned themselves into a liquidator store,they had moronic buyer's, and then selling older toys that nobody really wanted (at supposed discount price)...Customer's wanted the NEWEST toy or thing and KB decided it wasn't their best interest to carry it.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

KB was bought by Big Lots around'96 then sold in 2000. The Toy Biz amalgam of Biz, Marvel and their liquidation distribution had a lot to do with KB's inventory.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by hedrap
            KB was bought by Big Lots around'96 then sold in 2000. The Toy Biz amalgam of Biz, Marvel and their liquidation distribution had a lot to do with KB's inventory.
            things were also good for KB Toys in that time period....KB started their demise around 2006 and then 2008 was when it really started to get bad

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

Our Walmart just got these in today and the guy in the dept just finished setting the endcap when I went in this morning, so I quick snapped a photo.
              the Multiverse figures were all from the Arkham game series.
              The '66 figures were $15.97 each, there was Surfs Up Batman & Joker, regular Batman, Penguin, and Catwoman only. The majority of the figures were the surfing ones.
              The Batmobile is really cool, but at $49.97 a bit out of my price range.
              of everything here, I'd like to have the header display on top!

batman.JPG

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                Career Member
                • Aug 3, 2010

Great encap.nice prices to boot
                mego's befo ho's

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢