Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • figureaddicted
    • Jun 29, 2014

Originally posted by LordMudd
    2 classics I just thought of: Forbidden Planet and Day the Earth Stood Still.

FP: Robby (been done to death but not as an action figure, usually as a wind up), Altara, Morbius, Space ship guys (especially the cook!) and the car would be really cool.

DtESS: Gort, Klaatu, seamless saucer.

CCC.
    The Day the Earth Stood Still, in fact does have retro figures out now. They are Amok Time exclusives but are not Funko releases or part of the ReAction line. They are in the same vein though. As for your post about continuing the Universal Monsters line, Funko has stated we have not seen the last of that line. But they wouldnt cpmment pn who may be seen later in it. I agree there are plenty more that cpuld be culled from that license.

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

Glad to hear the Universal Monster line will continue. I hope they do an Ygor!

Comment

• figureaddicted
        • Jun 29, 2014

Originally posted by phil
        Glad to hear the Universal Monster line will continue. I hope they do an Ygor!
        Ygor and Dr Frankenstein himself, are my two biggest wants from any future UM series. Well those plus a Metaluna Mutant. I would also love for the UM line to eventually lead to lines for The Munsters and Young Frankenstein if possible.......but i admit those are probably long shots. Funko claims that Universal Monsters being the major exception, that the older the property, the less sucessful its likely to be. Their target audience seems to be focused on late 70s onward in terms of lisences they wamt to see. But they admit the UM line has been very successful.....perhaps ,moreso, than Funko expected.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Just got Creature and Mummy (thanks, Rche!), and love these guys. I promised myself to only get a couple, but I'll probably break that vow....

The card says "This is not a toy. 14 and up". Hmmm...Seems pretty silly to me. They do add a choking hazard warning.
          Can they please make up their mind? I always chew on my toys, I especially like the green ones....

Glad to hear they're making more.Looking at what Sideshow released, there's plenty more choices.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• nazgul
            Lord of Light
            • May 2, 2011

That it says " not a toy" has me a bit confused as well....I guess it might have something to do with the subject matter of some of them. My four year old son has three of them and plays with them everyday...seems like a toy to me....
            You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by nazgul
              That it says " not a toy" has me a bit confused as well....I guess it might have something to do with the subject matter of some of them. My four year old son has three of them and plays with them everyday...seems like a toy to me....
              This is so they don't have to go through extra safety testing.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Been seeing these a lot in FP for the past few months. Really like them. Already have the Alien, but am really considering picking up the Predator and the Universal Monsters.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

I think someone on here mentioned the separating legs on Bride and Pinhead. I bought my daughter a Bride (only the 2nd figure we've taken off the card). I warmed up her legs with a hairdryer for a few minutes, wrapped 'em with a rubber band, popped her in the freezer for another few minutes and Bob's your uncle!

Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I did something similar with hot water and a rubber band only be careful because the rubber band left marks on the softened plastic. If I did it again I would wrap something like foam around it first and then secure the rubber band around that.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

I would not have noticed them if you hadn't mentioned that, but yes there are some very faint little lines. No biggie, it's a "toy" now, so it's going to get beaten up by my kid.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Oh, I didn't see them on yours, it actually happened to mine. But yeah, it's a minor thing.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

Very very faint on mine. I mean, on m daughter's.
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• megonaught
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 29, 2008

For the people collecting reaction firefly figures.
                            Theres a new exclusive Mal reynolds with a blue shirt sold thru
                            Calenders.com.
                            Heres the link.
                            Action Jackson is his name.
                            Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• nazgul
                              Lord of Light
                              • May 2, 2011

also, Entertainment Earth is offering an Exclusive Glow in the Dark Predator...sweet....

Buy Glow-in-the-Dark Predator ReAction 3 3/4-Inch Retro Figure - Entertainment Earth Exclusive at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!
                              You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• megonaught
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 29, 2008

He is sweet too.
                                This line is just cool as hell.

Originally posted by nazgul
                                also, Entertainment Earth is offering an Exclusive Glow in the Dark Predator...sweet....

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...R#.VHFFtovF98G
                                Action Jackson is his name.
                                Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎