Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

In case I have not mentioned it here, I number my stores based on the frequency with which I can access them. Thus Walmart #1 is where I normally shop, and all others follow suit. That said, I made it out to Walmart #2 tonight and found Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Bride. They also had Rocketeer, Kane (Alien), and something else I didn't pay much attention to. Will be hitting more Walmarts now.

CCC.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
      Career Member
      • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by LordMudd
      I checked that tonight, not even an empty peg for them.

Guess my original assessment of Walmart stands.

CCC.
      They are in a large Reaction figure display box on the top self of all the Walmarts I've been to.
      Lynn

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

I saw these at Target the other day as well, in the toy section on pegs on an end cap with no Reaction figure display box.
        Lynn

Comment

• nazgul
          Lord of Light
          • May 2, 2011

The FYE by me just got in the Pulp Fiction and Buffy figures...guess they're all out now
          You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• kerowack
            Career Member
            • Feb 27, 2008

The pulp fiction ones lost me because the box art isn't of the characters and the head sculpts are continuing the tradition of iffy human faces. Like an episode of Daria.

Comment

• nazgul
              Lord of Light
              • May 2, 2011

I just didn't care for the property at all...just seemed weird in this scale and style to me...Anyway, My local TRU had the Predators and I was able to score this guy...

I also heard rumors that the Clear Invisible Man is showing up at Barnes and Nobles....
              You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

Walmart #3 was as bad as #1, clueless. I have 7 more I can check. Looking for 1 of the pulp fiction figures. Might consider the guys in the suits if they look good enough to go with my MiB figures.

CCC.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

I know it's fun to hunt these down, but almost all are available from Amazon with free 2-day shipping if you're a Prime member.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by kerowack
                    The pulp fiction ones lost me because the box art isn't of the characters and the head sculpts are continuing the tradition of iffy human faces. Like an episode of Daria.
                    The cards ARE of the characters, except for the "bloody" variants that only have the movie poster on them. The head sculpts are goofy though, as they are on many of the ReAction lines.

EDIT: Actually, I realized that the card art I'm remembering is from Amazon's site, and may not be how they ended up. I can't remember now what the ones I've seen in person have on them, so you're probably correct.
                    Last edited by Iron Mego; Nov 12, '14, 12:03 AM.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• LordMudd
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 22, 2011

Here are the 3 I found, and also next to their Remco and fast food counterparts for comparison.

CCC.

Comment

• kerowack
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 27, 2008

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                        The cards ARE of the characters, except for the "bloody" variants that only have the movie poster on them. The head sculpts are goofy though, as they are on many of the ReAction lines.

EDIT: Actually, I realized that the card art I'm remembering is from Amazon's site, and may not be how they ended up. I can't remember now what the ones I've seen in person have on them, so you're probably correct.

The cards are definitely the movie posters. I passed on all of them at Barnes and Noble because of the heads on the figures, but would have caved if they were the characters on the card.

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

Found a large selection of these at Barnes and Noble.

CCC.

Comment

• figureaddicted
                            • Jun 29, 2014

Word on the street is that playsets, larger scaled creatures/monsters and MAYBE vehicles are at least being discussed and looked into for the future. Its also been mentioned that classic PoTA is something they are very interested in doing, but dont take that as a sign that they will anytime soon. We know of Classic Star Trek and possibly ST:TNG figures for next year. There have been rumors that X Files and Big Trouble in Little China may also be on tap, but its unconfirmed. Also of note, the second wave of Pulp Fiction has apparently been pushed back until Feb. 2015, for those who are wondering where their carded gimp or Wolf figures are.

Comment

• LordMudd
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 22, 2011

Again, I would like to see more added to the UM line, like Metaluna Mutant, Igor, Vampire Bride, Mr. Hyde, maybe Maria from Metropolis...

Any word on the possibility of this?

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 22, 2011

2 classics I just thought of: Forbidden Planet and Day the Earth Stood Still.

FP: Robby (been done to death but not as an action figure, usually as a wind up), Altara, Morbius, Space ship guys (especially the cook!) and the car would be really cool.

DtESS: Gort, Klaatu, seamless saucer.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎