• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Captain Action Lady Action prototype

From the Captain Action panel at SDCC.

Breaking news from the Captain Action panel. Here is your first look at the Lady Action figure. I'm just sitting next to Marv Wolfman on the panel.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

If you wear stockings, a mini skirt, Dominatrix boots, and go by the name "Lady Action"... you might be giving the fellas the wrong idea.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, I'm not really digging the doll. Style wise it does not fit in with either the modern or vintage CA figure.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

It's the new Go Hero line, not the same as the regular 12" C/A line. I would expect these to be $200+
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I will pass on this.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

If Jim Wynorski directed a direct to cable Captain Action movie, this is his star.

For that reason, I kind of like it.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

The thing is, I thought they were trying to attract female fans with Lady Action. Because that doll is going to have the opposite effect.

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Looks more like Lady Wantsome Action.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

Never liked that design....I prefer her just wearing a suit like Captain Action, that's why I made my own custom of her.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I'm all for license diversification, but when none of it seems to go anywhere or connect to one fundamental idea, then it just becomes sticking the logo on anything for the sake of making a few bucks off the license rights. And this idea of moving Captain Action to a higher tier product line is absurd. If it can't prosper as a discounted figure at $19.99 backed by a popular license like Marvel, what possible incentive do people have to buy it with a new sculpt and tweaked features at a Hot Toys price, when the whole point is to dress him as a superhero? What is the customer suppose to do? Put a $20 costume on a $200 figure? It's bizarre.

And as we can all see, their much ballyhooed return to TRU with the DC license never happened this Summer. That narrative quietly went away at the start of this year... just like their product line. Just to keep the historical perspective in proper focus, the DC line was originally advertised at Toy Fair in the Fall of 2012. It's abundantly clear that losing the TRU partnership was a crippling blow to this line. While FTC pours through DC characters, CAE and Round 2 have spent years blowing smoke to sale an image of stability that doesn't exist (and still no DC product). I think the higher tiered figure attempt is a sure sign this current product line is coming to a eventual close. Whatever they can hobble out this Fall may be all that's left of this current line. (Assuming they can even do that).
                    Last edited by MIB41; Jul 25, '14, 7:03 AM.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

Closest I ever got to Captain Action was the first, Early Bird Cast-A-Way figures that came out a few years back. Since I have a ZICA Yvonne body lying about, think I'll make me a Lady Action custom and save some cash.
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• levyguy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 4, 2009

I agree MIB41. They should have released the DC sets before doing Ironman & Wolverine. Superman & Batman would have been there biggest sellers. Now we won't be getting the DC sets and Round 2 will lose the money they would have made on them. What were they thinking?

I have no interest in LA and doubt she will sell well. Her poor sales will lead to the cancellation of their planned CA, AB and DE figures.

Why can't they make any actual Captain Action toys?

It would be nice if the 8" CA line could be brought back, perhaps FTC could do them? Action Boy could be Teen Titans size.

Comment

• RobTMego
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 15, 2013

I agree with alot of the comments, but she should be call "lady high priced call girl action"

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

FTC has Mego 8" DC and Batman TV

DST/EMCE has Mego 8" Marvel

Sideshow has 12" DC and now Marvel

Mezco has new 6" CLOTH DC, 1989 Batman movie, and other licenses

So, I am losing interest in Captain Action! Unfulfilled promises!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by RobTMego
                              I agree with alot of the comments, but she should be call "lady high priced call girl action"
                              All of these comments just make me want her more...
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎