X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Major Marvel Characters Never Made Into Action Figures

Hard to believe there are still some major characters that have never made it to action figure form after all the thousands of figures produced by Mego, Mattel, Toy Biz, Hasbro, Marvel Select, Hot Toys, etc.

Lou Ferrigno Hulk...this one still blows my mind. Not a single figure (or anything else) in 37 years.
    The Puppet Master...major FF villain.
    Baron Blood...major Cap villain from one of the best storylines in Cap's history. Only villain Cap ever killed.
    The Owl...classic DD villain.
    Stilt Man...classic Spidey and DD villain. Would make a super cool figure.
    Hammerhead...major Spidey villain.
    The Enforcers...major Spidey villains around forever.
    The Rose...major Spidey character during the Hobgoblin days. Son of the Kingpin.
    Crystal and Lockjaw...from the Inhumans. Really can't believe these two haven't been made yet.
    The Beyonder...the guy behind Secret Wars.
    Meteor...AKA The Looter. Classic Spidey villain from the Ditko days.
    General Ross...we've had figures of J. Jonah Jameson, Aunt May, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson.
    Daimon Hellstrom...he had his own book for crying out loud!
    Brother Voodoo...same as above!

Those are my top omissions...what are yours?
  • LadyZod
    Superman's Gal Pal
    • Jan 27, 2007

Great list, but there are a few corrections:

Minimates covered a huge portion of the Marvel U. There is a General Ross minimate (it was a variant.) There's also a Beyonder minimate.

Heck, you'd be surprised some of the marvel Dredge that made it to plastic form!

As for Daimon Hellstrom, I can kinda see why toy companies would stay away from him. Dude's got an pentagram craved on his chest. Might as well have 666 on his forehead as far as parent outcry.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
    Check out my art:
    Art Portfolio@Redbubble
    Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by LadyZod
      As for Daimon Hellstrom, I can kinda see why toy companies would stay away from him. Dude's got an pentagram craved on his chest. Might as well have 666 on his forehead as far as parent outcry.
      LOL...yeah, I could see that about Daimon. He'd make a perfect Spencer Gift's exclusive though!

I actually knew some of those on my list were mini-mates, but I don't count those as action figures since they're not really a true representation of the character. If that makes sense?

Some more that I forgot...

The Brothers Grimm...Spider-Woman villains, and a no-brainer for Hasbro, since it would be a two-pack of exactly the same figure!
      The Orb...Ghost Rider villain and an easy repaint with a giant eyeball for a head.
      The Jackal...the jerk behind all that clone stuff!

Comment

• LadyZod
        Superman's Gal Pal
        • Jan 27, 2007

See, I like to count minimates, since that was the first time you could have Star Trek, KISS, Marvel and DC characters in the same style at the same time SINCE Mego!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
        Check out my art:
        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Technically you could say Ross got done because they did a Red Hulk, but there is no Bruce Banner.

Also Gypsy Moth from Spiderwoman.

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
            The Brothers Grimm...Spider-Woman villains, and a no-brainer for Hasbro, since it would be a two-pack of exactly the same figure!
            The Orb...Ghost Rider villain and an easy repaint with a giant eyeball for a head.
            The Jackal...the jerk behind all that clone stuff!
            The Resistants. All basically the same outfit with minimal allowance for their individual powers.

Stingray, Bengal, Prowler, Wraith, White Tiger (original). All basically a guy in head to toe skin tight spandex, just different paint apps, and I know there are more I don't remember right now.

CCC.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LordMudd
              Technically you could say Ross got done because they did a Red Hulk, but there is no Bruce Banner.

Also Gypsy Moth from Spiderwoman.

CCC.

Bruce...

and there was one from the Ang Lee movie and a Mark Ruffalo Hot Toys, too
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

I'd like to see a Living Monolith figure. He'd be around 6 feet tall if in scale and could also be used next to your window to scare away burglars.
                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

There's a Banner figure in the first wave of 1996 Hulk figures too...he fits inside the Hulk figure.
                  Prowler was done as part of the Spider-Man animated line.
                  Living Monolith would be awesome...so would EGO the Living Planet.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎