X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

How about a "Heroes of SciFi" line?

Now that we have a Snake Plissken coming, I was wondering what other heroes should have a quality action figure made?

The obvious ones come to mind, like "why haven't they released a decent 1/6 scale Star Trek line"? With sculpts that actually look like the actors...
    Same thing for Mad Max. Tons of crazy characters, but still no quality action figure line.

But I'm also wondering about the unlikely ones, so basically, let's talk about the ones that we're probably never going to get.
    Like McReady from The Thing. With a flame thrower and a version of The Thing included.

I've always been a Dennis Quaid fan (I wish his career had actually taken off). So how about Tuck Pendleton from Innerspace?
    Charlton Heston Omega Man and Soylent Green figures.

Lots of great heroes that have yet to see the light of day in action figure form...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    Now that we have a Snake Plissken coming, I was wondering what other heroes should have a quality action figure made?

The obvious ones come to mind, like "why haven't they released a decent 1/6 scale Star Trek line"? With sculpts that actually look like the actors...
    Same thing for Mad Max. Tons of crazy characters, but still no quality action figure line.

But I'm also wondering about the unlikely ones, so basically, let's talk about the ones that we're probably never going to get.
    Like McReady from The Thing. With a flame thrower and a version of The Thing included.

I've always been a Dennis Quaid fan (I wish his career had actually taken off). So how about Tuck Pendleton from Innerspace?
    Charlton Heston Omega Man and Soylent Green figures.

Lots of great heroes that have yet to see the light of day in action figure form...
    To me, the three greatest travesties of all time in the world of action figures are no Lou Ferrigno Hulk, George Reeves Superman, and John Wesley Shipp Flash. I'd also love to see a Billy Zane Phantom and Alec Baldwin Shadow.

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Buckaroo Banzai & John Whorfin
      Sean Connery from Zardoz
      Ray Bradbury's Illustrated Man
      Raquel Welch One Million BC

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Oh, forgot Highlander both the movies & tv series.
        Quark
        Kolchak the Night Stalker

Comment

• torgospizza
          Theocrat of Pan Tang
          • Aug 19, 2010

I'd be willing to bet we'll get an official SSC McCready within the next couple years. I imagine Mad Max will be put out as an unlicensed bootleg from Art Figures or VTS (Virtual Toys, owned by Damtoys) also within a couple years. If the big boys won't do it because they are only making Iron Man or Johnny Depp figures, other companies--usually Hong Kong based--are willing to fill the gap in the market.

And at this point, my #1 dream figure is a nice 1/6 Phantom. Doesn't matter if it's Billy Zane or Tom Tyler. My feeling about this is that it'll only happen if Go Hero produces it, and we'll have to sell a kidney to afford it. Probably too under the radar for a Chinese company.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

A little more recent, but the Matrix has been surprisingly neglected for a long time (unless I just missed the new figures). Probably about time to mine the nostalgia.

Comment

• Access
              Veteran Member
              • May 22, 2013

I'm surprised there was never a "Flight of the Navigator" ship done!

Comment

• Access
                Veteran Member
                • May 22, 2013

Or "Time Bandits" figures!
                How about a "speed Buggy" set? Or "Turbo Teen"? The possibilities are enormous!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                  Raquel Welch One Million BC
                  Oh yeah!!!!
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Byrnes
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 19, 2011

I love Mad Max

I thought the N2Toys 6" version of the Mad Max stuff was pretty cool. It's not the best but I enjoy them. Wish they had made the Interceptor(prototype was made) Here's a link for the pics of the line
                    This is a forum for those who collect or love all toys, such as GI Joe, Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, DC, and any other action figures. Everything is discussed here.

I also did some custom 3 3/4 inch Mad Max out of Modern Gi Joe figs.

Attached Files
                    WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Wow those GIJoe Mad Max figures are amazing.
                      They look like the real thing, not customs!

Here's my custom 12":
                      I never understood why one of the greatest action movie series never had any decent action figures. Time to rectify that error...

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

I agree with you, those GI Joe figures look great...

Also, your Mad Max custom is pretty cool too...

Wow those GIJoe Mad Max figures are amazing.
                        They look like the real thing, not customs!

Here's my custom 12":
                        http://megomuseum.com/community/show...arrior-12-quot

Comment

• torgospizza
                          Theocrat of Pan Tang
                          • Aug 19, 2010

That's a thing of beauty. Very nice! Surely, someone will eventually put out a 1/6 Mad Max, but I doubt it'll be Hot Toys. Same with Star Trek. I could see Sideshow making them with Hot Toys' help--like with the GI Joe figures--but there's no way those would be purely Hot Toys releases. Now if they starred Schwarzenegger or Depp, that would be a different story.

With the quality of their sculpting, I'd like to see DAM or Soldier Story make them (both companies make extremely realistic heads), but sci-fi movie figures aren't really in their wheelhouse. I could almost see DAM try to pull off an unlicensed figure under their VTS badge, but Star Trek's such a major license, I think it would give them too many legal headaches to even attempt. One option is a company making a kit (head, clothing, and gear) for us to put on a base figure, like Kaustic Plastik and ACI do. That would actually be kind of cool, as you could have Kirk and Spock with different heights and builds, as opposed to the same stock body. Someone should really approach them about doing that--they might bite, since it would show they can do more than just ancient history figures (both companies focus a lot on Romans).

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎