Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bandai Godzilla Monster Arts collectors?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Bandai Godzilla Monster Arts collectors?

I've been admiring these for a while and finally broke down and ordered one.

I picked out Godzilla 2000 as my first one. I've always liked the design with its jagged dorsal spikes. I've never had a Godzilla figure this articulated before. Big difference from the Bandai vinyls I've collected over the years. It does have an amazing amount of articulation that is fairly well hidden by the sculpt and design of the figure. But the amount of poses you can get out of the figure is still somewhat hindered. For example you can't get the figure to look up and it tends to look like he is staring at the ground. Overall a great looking and amazingly articulated figure. I would NOT recommend this figure for a younger Godzilla fan. The back spines are surprisingly sharp and pointy. You have to be careful just picking the thing up. A kid could really get hurt with it if not careful.

I was wondering what other Godzilla fans thought of these? I can't see myself getting too a big collection of these. I'm probably going to stick to the Bandai vinyls overall for my Godzilla fix. I am thinking of eventually picking up Godzilla 64 and Little Godzilla (which is cute as heck) though.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 20, '14, 9:17 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • kerowack
    Career Member
    • Feb 27, 2008

I've been on the fence for a while with these. Probably gonna grab a godzilla 64 and a mothers and call it a day.....but I've said that before.....

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎