Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 inc h Hasbro figures. Love 'em? Hate 'em? Or just Meh?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

12 inc h Hasbro figures. Love 'em? Hate 'em? Or just Meh?

I have been eyeballing the "low rent" 12 inch Star Wars and Marvel Titan Heroes figures for a while and finally bit the bullet on a Vader. I thought I would like him because of the psuedo retro vibe via the limited points of articulation. I was right I like him. Not love him but REALLY like him.
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

I think they're great for kids. He looks good in your pictures.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

They gotta do a Luke to compliment this figure.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I like SW ones. They have a retro appeal sort of like the Gentle Giant upsized SW figures. There's a Luke Jedi and Stormtrooper coming that look great.

Luke Jedi and Stormtrooper from toy fair

Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 28, '14, 10:27 PM. Reason: added link
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
          House of a thousand Megos
          • Aug 10, 2009

The Hasbro SW I always switched heads for the 1996 Joe bodies but I ended up getting the Anakin/Vader but switched the body for a more articulated one, all my HOF Joes have newer Hasbro bodies with the Gung Ho grip lol
          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

I have the Vader and Hulk and I agree with you 100% Jim...these are fantastic toys. This Vader has replaced the 15 inch vintage one as my favorite.

Comment

• jimsmegos
              Mego Dork
              • Nov 9, 2008

Thanks for the link Werewolf... the Luke looks great but the Stormtroopers are going to be the HUGE sellers! I know I will have to have a minimum of two... or twelve.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                but the Stormtroopers are going to be the HUGE sellers!
                Totally. That Stormtrooper really invokes the original 12 inch Kenner one, to me.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

The Stormtrooper helmet sculpt is perhaps the most accurate Hasbro has ever done.

A little bit of a scale problem with Luke and Darth being the same height, but otherwise I like what I'm seeing.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

Anyone know the release dates on Jedi Luke and stormtrooper?

Comment

• jimsmegos
                      Mego Dork
                      • Nov 9, 2008

Only thing I'm seeing is Fall

Comment

• kisstour03
                        • Feb 28, 2014

I have the Hulk from the Marvel line. It has a nice retro vibe and isn't that bad a figure really. It fits in well with my other Hulk figures. The Stormtrooper is going to be a must have when they come out. I haven't run across the Vader in any local stores. I'd love to see an IG-88 for this line too.
                        Toys and comics. My house isn't big enough. It's an addiction.

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Every time I pass one of these by, I think to myself, "what a sad waste of plastic". But that's me. I've become spoiled by the detail and articulation we get in most figures these days, so I can't go backwards.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

Originally posted by warlock664
                            Every time I pass one of these by, I think to myself, "what a sad waste of plastic". But that's me. I've become spoiled by the detail and articulation we get in most figures these days, so I can't go backwards.
                            It makes me wonder how well action figures would do with 5 points of articulation these days. Would the new ReAction figures be a hit in a grocery store, for instance? Their some cool licenses, but they are old properties. (But thats popular with hot wheels now) Does everyone expect full poses now?

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Actually Hasbro has knocked back to 5 points of articulation for lots of their 3.75" lines already, to appeal to kids who, according to market research, don't care about super-articulation.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎