• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel brings back Super Powers!?

If only they were in classic scale.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Holy HOLY---they're looking to break me aren't they?
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Whatta neat idea. My boys play with my originals right now. These will be welcomed at my house.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Ugh, I just noticed they are Matty Collector exclusives.

I would buy every single one if they were in classic scale and not Matty Collector exclusives.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TomStrong
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2011

Gosh these look great

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Very cool. Will be difficult to pass up.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

It's to finish off the Mattel DCU line and celebrate the 30th anniversary of Super Powers. Mattel's not redoing the whole line, just a few characters. SUperman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Riddler made from a Green Lantern buck, a gold Superman, Mxy and Kalibak.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

Neat with the packaging but honestly Mattel burned their bridge with me on the Retro Actions. Plus with what they did with the MOTU Classics blow outs I'd be hard pressed to drop starting MSRP on these. Don't get me wrong, as long as I still have my daughter and wife Mattel will still get some of my money where they are getting it right: Barbie, Monster High and Ever After High. My action dollars however are going Re-Mego first and then retro 3&3/4 second.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

30 bucks?!?!?!
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by madmarva
                    It's to finish off the Mattel DCU line and celebrate the 30th anniversary of Super Powers. Mattel's not redoing the whole line, just a few characters. SUperman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Riddler made from a Green Lantern buck, a gold Superman, Mxy and Kalibak.
                    Any news is good news.

Guess my wallet won't be that hurt after all.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

When I saw these are the only figures they will be releasing, I lost most interest. I may get one. Wish they were doing a Green Arrow.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Why is Riddler so ripped? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pass on these.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                          Why is Riddler so ripped? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pass on these.
                          It's an homage to the Super Amigos Riddler which was a Green Lantern repaint.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

Got all excited when I first saw this but after reading about what they are actually doing the excitement quickly subsided.

Comment

• kerowack
                              Career Member
                              • Feb 27, 2008

Recarded dcuc? Economical and a fun idea, but total cash grab and not at all what they should have done. It would be the perfect platform for a 3 3/4 line.....

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎