• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Awesome new DC retro paper figures!!

HOW did I not know about these?!
    The box art is freaking incredible! Instant purchase. Hope they do Marvel ones!

• ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

They have been out a while. I've almost pulled the trigger on Robin a couple of times.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Saw these at Ollie's this weekend.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

^If they're at Ollie's they must not have sold very well.

*EDIT* Found this article by the designer...shows what they made and what was planned...shame they didn't take off.

Hi gang! Been a good long while since I did a good old fashioned blog post and a Facebook conversation from this morning got me thinking abo...
        Last edited by enyawd72; Nov 25, '13, 7:42 AM.

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Agreed! That might be the best box art I've seen all year for a current figure.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

Picked up Batman & Robin at Ollie's for a buck & change, really cool retro box art by Dick Giordano, plus how often do you see the 70s Robin logo?
            The only other one they had was Wonder Woman, But I passed on that one. Superman is on the package but I didn't see him.

Comment

• MegoSteve
              Superman's Pal
              • Jun 17, 2005

Thanks for the heads up that these are showing up at Ollie's for cheap. My local store only had Wonder Woman, Robin, and Batman, too. No Superman ones. It looks like they were shipped in full cases of each character, not an assortment. They were only $1.29 each... I bought the Superman one last year for full retail which was around $8 give or take a dollar or two.

I ended up putting together a mixed case of 12 because they came in a nice counter display and I wanted one. Now I just need to find two more Superman ones and I'll have a nice case display with three of each.

Funko also did big headed versions of these in a smaller package called Boxos. Here are some pics:

I also found something on Comics Alliance about a Funko Paperkraft Wayne Manor playset with smaller Boxo figures and a paper Batmobile. I don't know if this was ever released, but it's something else to look for:

Comment

• MegoSteve
                Superman's Pal
                • Jun 17, 2005

Looks like that Wayne Manor/Batcave playset is out and $8.99:

Buy Batman DC Comics Boxos Papercraft Activity Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Took a run to my local Ollies. They only had Robin.

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

I broke down and got Bats and Robin. They are actually pretty cool. To bad they didn't go further. Aquaman and Flash are listed on the back. If anyone can hook me up with Wonder Woman and/or Superman that would be great. I wouldn't mind the display counter either. But we don't have Ollies here.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I only found Robin at Ollie's a month or so ago. They also had He-Man and Skeletor, but no other DC characters.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

I've been thinking about getting the Boxo Star Wars paper craft set. Anyone know if it is in scale with Kenner SW figures?
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎