X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by levyguy
    Entertainment Earth has Captain Action listed as coming in December.
    On their Facebook page the CA crew is telling people Nov. 13th. So first it was this month, then November, now December...here we go again.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Amoktime gets their shipment in on Friday

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

They've also said the DC line will not be out until the "middle of next year". They originally said that was suppose to come out this summer, and then in early 2014. Well at least they're not doing a month by month delay anymore. Now it will be seasonal.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Here's some pictures of both of them.

http://blogs.wvgazette.com/popcult/2...e-is-complete/

Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

These look great Danny! Thanks!

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

^*GASP* They DO exist! Thanks for posting Dr. Q!!

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by drquest
                Here's some pictures of both of them.

http://blogs.wvgazette.com/popcult/2...e-is-complete/
                This is a promotional review by Rudy Panucci who has a business relationship with CA Enterprises at the GI Joe Report. This is not someone off the street who picked this up. Also note that review basically reads like the same marketing from Captain Action Enterprises, simply redressed. And with the street date now moving to mid-November, I would say it's fairly definitive this supposed "sell out" at the convention was a marketing farce. Thanks for the pics, but the review is completely contrived. I laughed out loud when poor Rudy tries to bypass the TRU debacle by stating, "Captain Action Enterprises and Round 2 Corp. have scaled back the marketing of these uniform sets a bit..." . Yeah... I guess that's why Ed lost his mind on TRU 'just a bit' about two months ago. When we get a review from someone who actually bought these, we'll know what the REAL consumer feedback is like. Perhaps by Christmas...

Comment

• cptaction
                  • Nov 15, 2007

Wave 3 Iron man , Wolverine & Hawkeye on figures!

Originally posted by Red Hulk
                  Its great to see these but I need to see them on a figure.
                  An image on a figure did you say... Ok, Here you go!

Comment

• cptaction
                    • Nov 15, 2007

Hey MIB41 - Joe Ahearn of CA Enterprises here...

Originally posted by MIB41
                    This is a promotional review by Rudy Panucci who has a business relationship with CA Enterprises at the GI Joe Report. This is not someone off the street who picked this up.
                    You are really off base here my friend. We do not have any sort of business relationship with Rudy nor did we put any words in his mouth. He is one of the many reviewers we sent product to. Nothing was contrived as you mention below. More reviews are forthcoming.

Also note that review basically reads like the same marketing from Captain Action Enterprises, simply redressed. And with the street date now moving to mid-November, I would say it's fairly definitive this supposed "sell out" at the convention was a marketing farce.

This was no farce and I don't appreciate you using the term. We work very hard at what we do and are very forthright with the public. We had a limited quantity of the product shipped to us directly from China for the show and it sold out in a day.

Thanks for the pics, but the review is completely contrived. I laughed out loud when poor Rudy tries to bypass the TRU debacle by stating, "Captain Action Enterprises and Round 2 Corp. have scaled back the marketing of these uniform sets a bit..." . Yeah... I guess that's why Ed lost his mind on TRU 'just a bit' about two months ago.

Where are you getting this stuff? Ed never once lost his mind publicly or any place else. The TRU scenario was no debacle. They decided to pass on this Wave. No big deal. We maintain a great relationship with them and will be back in there again if it makes good sense for the line.

When we get a review from someone who actually bought these, we'll know what the REAL consumer feedback is like. Perhaps by Christmas...
                    And as mentioned above, there are many more reviews forthcoming ... wait for it...

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by cptaction
                      Hey MIB41 - Joe Ahearn of CA Enterprises here...
                      You are really off base here my friend. We do not have any sort of business relationship with Rudy nor did we put any words in his mouth. He is one of the many reviewers we sent product to. Nothing was contrived as you mention below. More reviews are forthcoming.
                      Hi Joe! Glad you decided to come out here and address these issues. After spending a year of being blown off by your Facebook page its refreshing to see someone at the helm wake up from their trance and notice there is some discontent from the base who BUY YOUR PRODUCT! Unfortunately what I've had to say is NOT off base by any stretch. When the review in question was posted by Dr. Quest, there was some well founded speculation about the volume of sets you sold at the convention. This review came in suggesting perhaps this was purchased product from the Comic Con. I said that is not so, because this gentleman is attached to The Joe Report which commonly promotes products for Captain Action. Here's a link where you're even answering questions at the bottom of the report.

And you yourself just stated your company sends him product for review. Well guess what? That's promotional which makes it a business relationship. I never claimed you had a contract. I never indicated he was paid for this promotion. I simply stated his past relationship with CA Enterprises suggested this was a routine review unrelated to a purchase made at the convention. Thanks for driving home my point by telling everyone you send him product. We can remove this review as one coming from a non-bias CUSTOMER.

This was no farce and I don't appreciate you using the term. We work very hard at what we do and are very forthright with the public. We had a limited quantity of the product shipped to us directly from China for the show and it sold out in a day.
                      Once again the facts of your situation change. When you were asked by a member on your Facebook page when these sets were coming out, this was the response given on October 3rd...

Captain Action Thomas- they'll be on sale next week at New York Comic Con next week and then at comic shops nationwide (and online)!

Shortly after the show started, Captain Action quickly announced with much fanfare, both sets sold out. But you know what Joe? There was never a moment in time when you indicated they sold out due to limited quantities. Quite the contrary. Here's what your Facebook page was saying to those dismayed over the "quick" sell out...

Captain Action Sorry to let you down, buddy. Demand exceeded even our expectations.

Or do you remember this one?

Captain Action Sorry, Steve - They sold out quicker than we ever expected. But the good news is that they'll be in stores very soon!

Now you can put your spin on that anyway you like Joe. But the truth is you had a very small quantity that had NOTHING to do with 'expectations' or 'demand', which is further supported by your statement to me. Once again you reinforce the skepticism many have about how you loosely state "facts". You want to be forthright? You should have told people you had LIMITED QUANTITIES and no one would have said a thing. And more importantly you wouldn't have disappointed so many people who were led to believe you were making them available to buy AS ADVERTISED.

Where are you getting this stuff? Ed never once lost his mind publicly or any place else. The TRU scenario was no debacle. They decided to pass on this Wave. No big deal. We maintain a great relationship with them and will be back in there again if it makes good sense for the line.
                      Where am I getting this from? Why Joe, I'm getting this from the horse's mouth like everything else I've pointed out to you. From Ed with CAE. August 8th...

We thought we'd take a moment to fill in you guys - the faithful- on some of the details. We want to play it straight. We're disappointed, but it's not the end of the world by any means. As you know, Toys R Us has always had a lot of troubles with our brand - they didn't merchandise it consistently across all their stores, the figures were often not placed with the costume sets, the Marvel sets weren't with the Marvel toys and their dot.com division could never list it correctly nor get it up on their site in a timely fashion. And as you may have read, Toys R Us is struggling as a company and has a LOT of internal issues to work out.

Now if that was my company you were talking about, who played a major role in the purchase and distribution of your product, I would never do business with you again (and I would tell my peers). And since we're going to talk about what's 'appropriate' in a public setting, please explain Ed's credentials to talk about TRU books or who authorized him to speak on behalf of the company? Never mind. I can already tell you. No one did. And since we're going to talk about product placement, tell me what you see here...

Yeah... I see figures and costumes together. You know what else I see? I see a company that purchased allot of product from Round 2 and CA Enterprises. I see a company that believed in what you were making. You know what else I personally saw during the holidays last year? I actually had a TRU associate come up to me while I was looking at these with my grandson and ask if I understood how this worked! So when I here a license holder rip this company that clearly risked allot to have this product on the shelf, I don't see any wisdom in what was said. Joe you got paid. TRU is still waiting for their return from all of this unsold stock. And Ed wants to go public and essentially pile on a company that gave this figure a shot at national attention through a major chain? The truth is that's a statement born from bitterness and resentment. It drips from every word and is very condescending to TRU. Ed aimed pretty low and the intent is plastered all over that statement.

And that's not the only time CAE has delivered a low blow at someone they've done business with.
                      On September 16th, Captain Action responded to an inquiry about the eight inch format which Castaway had successfully created and sold until the factory stole their molds and essentially crippled them for years. I'm sure you've heard? But sadly the response given was less than complimentary...

Thanks for the kind words. Captain Action is not really a Mego styled line. His sweet spot is 1/6 Scale. We did dip briefly into Mego style with Castaway toys but the making uniforms & masks for that size doesn't really translate as well. Also, the Marvel CA license is only for 1/6 scale. Perhaps someone will pick up the Marvel license for mego style figures as they did for DC.

These comments were brought to the attention of one of the owners of Castaway. He was not pleased with the condescending remark. Now if you would like to defend that statement, do so at your own risk of looking foolish. But I would think wiser heads would say, "We insulted one of our business peers publicly. Perhaps we should apologize and clarify our position if that was not our intent." Now if you want to prove doing the right thing is a business practice you adhere to and stand by, I think you can only help yourself by apologizing to David and Jason for clearly upsetting them (and many here)with these remarks. I think that about covers it.
                      Last edited by MIB41; Nov 1, '13, 7:57 AM.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

^Ouch.

As Nick Fury said to Loki..."Ant, meet boot."

Comment

• levyguy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 4, 2009

Very well put MIB41.
                          Castaway did a very nice job with Captain Action.

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

I hate these BS semantical witch-hunt conspiracy theories. I just got an email from cotsworld that the Ironman and Wolverine sets are in stock.
                            Last edited by jayraytee; Nov 1, '13, 7:21 PM.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ws62k2
                              • Oct 16, 2011

http://www.stewartsattic.com/catalog...Uniform%20Sets Stewarts attic has them in stock and at $15.99 as well as basic Captain Action for $15.99 and the deluxe sets for $25.00

Comment

• levyguy
                                Veteran Member
                                • Sep 4, 2009

Originally posted by ws62k2
                                http://www.stewartsattic.com/catalog...Uniform%20Sets Stewarts attic has them in stock and at $15.99 as well as basic Captain Action for $15.99 and the deluxe sets for $25.00
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎