[ATTACH=CONFIG]8618[/ATTACH]
    Wow! where did that come from?

Comment

• Chippupperty
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 5, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
      Wow! where did that come from?
      There was a site called "Thebigredtoybox", they sold things for different guys that made things.....just like the mego-mall basically, that sold the mask....using the Playingmantis Dr Evil....Marx reissue armor..it was easy to make

The mask came in a fancy box...I cant remember the manufacturer...but there was a Red Skull one too...I have so much packed away...I don't know where that one is

Comment

• Jerry68
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 12, 2008

I just received an email from Amok Time; Captain Action arriving November 1st.
        Really? They had them to sell at Comic Con, now we have to wait.. again. Let's see if this date is valid, I have my doubts. I think after I have my Hawkeye parts I will be done.
        sigpic

Comment

• Red Hulk
          Career Member
          • Dec 19, 2012

Originally posted by Chippupperty
          A Dr Doom

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8618[/ATTACH]
          That Dr.Doom is pretty nice.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Jerry68
            I just received an email from Amok Time; Captain Action arriving November 1st.
            Really? They had them to sell at Comic Con, now we have to wait.. again. Let's see if this date is valid, I have my doubts. I think after I have my Hawkeye parts I will be done.
            That tells you right there, they probably didn't have that many to sell at the Comic Con (if they truly sold any at all). Who knows anyone who bought a set? Lets see some pictures. Probably just an early production batch for display. What a mess. Once again, the public release date was an aberration. CA Enterprises and Round 2 are setting new lows for poor marketing and deceptive advertising. If this stretches into December, I will bet they never make it to market. Originally these were advertised (LAST year) to be released in January of 2013; Then it became February; Then April; Then late May or early June; Then maybe in July. Then they announced TRU dropped out and it was their fault they never made any of those release dates...yeah. Then they said they would definitely be out in September. Then that changed to early October. Now we have November upon us. This is not defensible. I think the ridiculously overpriced Dr. Evil "exclusive" was symptomatic of a company in dire need of CASH FLOW. For a company stating they need these new costume sets to sell well (but can't get them distributed to the customer) sounds like a company in dire straits.

Last edited by MIB41; Oct 22, '13, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

I just visited their Facebook page AGAIN...more vague answers and outright ignoring of people asking WHEN the Iron Man and Wolverine sets are actually shipping. Lots of photo-ops though! If they can put a Captain Action T-shirt on it and snap a pic, they will, and then follow up with a whole paragraph about how awesome it is!
              MIB41's right...where are the customer photos from ANYBODY who bought a set at NYCC? Not one review or photo anywhere on the internet. I'm calling bull**** right now on these clowns. All they do is lie. I'm sick of their constant games.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

did a Ebay search for Captain Action Iron Man. Not one single scalper selling NYCC exclusives. Just Amok Time selling preorders, with the lame cut out mock up for a pic
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Acti...item3386ae1f8e
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  did a Ebay search for Captain Action Iron Man. Not one single scalper selling NYCC exclusives. Just Amok Time selling preorders, with the lame cut out mock up for a pic
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Acti...item3386ae1f8e
                  Not only that, but with all the photos from NYCC they posted on their Facebook page, there isn't a SINGLE ONE of a customer purchasing or posing with an Iron Man or Wolverine set. NOT ONE. We've got pictures of people wearing CA shirts, Lady Action from Tonner, the Dr. Evil set, the coloring book, but not a single publicity photo of their RED HOT new sets flying off the shelf?
                  They're lying through their teeth.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

The funny thing is their Comic Con coloring books are all over Ebay. I refuse to believe no one bought one of these Iron Man or Wolverine sets and didn't try and turn a profit on Ebay. That's next to impossible to believe. Watch Ed or Joe throw one of their production samples on Ebay just to counter these claims. They have no credibility whatsoever. And it's well deserved. All of these poorly concocted release dates, blaming business partners for their inefficiencies, and even making snide remarks about product other companies made with them is just classless. It's amazing anyone will even do business with them at this point. You can't believe a thing that comes out of their mouth.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

^Less than an hour ago they posted yet another NYCC photo of someone holding a Captain America costume set on their Facebook page...but no Iron Man or Wolverine sets. They also completely ignored my release date questions again.

I actually wish they would throw a production sample on Ebay...at least then I could buy the damn thing!
                      Last edited by enyawd72; Oct 23, '13, 9:09 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Someone needs to take the Captain Action logo and change the CA to BS. That's what they've become.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

I laugh at the promotion of the Captain Action character by himself....nobody cares about this generic character,they just need his body to put the suits on.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
                            I laugh at the promotion of the Captain Action character by himself....nobody cares about this generic character,they just need his body to put the suits on.
                            Yeah, they should call him what he really is...Captain Mannequin.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Shame on you Dwayne! You're overlooking the mannequin cup, mannequin t-shirt, mannequin coloring book, AND mannequin cartoon...maybe. I hear they might even make a life-action feature with the test crash dummies as co-stars! Twelve possible release dates coming next month...

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

^I put it to you that there IS no Captain Action!

Captain Action has merely been a ruse used by Dr. Evil all along! At least that would explain all the lies, deceit and treachery. Now THERE'S an idea for a comic book!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎