Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Always nice to come back nine or ten months later and play catch up...

Saw a huge run of these in OH. I initally bought the Loki because it's damn cool, but returned it when I realized it didn't have his staff.

About a hundred Simonson Thor's but not one Kirby.

Very disappointed in the Red Skull news.

Round 2 should take a page from Matty's playbook and try for small online releases.

I have no interest in Wolverine...

...but an Ant-Man/Giant-Man set would sell out in a heartbeat since the scale would fit Mego perfectly.

Or a classic Nick Fury. F Sam Jackson. I cannot stomach Ultimate Fury anymore.

I could see a stripped CA + exclusive suit for $30 as selling out on a regular basis, as long as it fits the Silver Age motif.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

I continue to work my way through all the Captain Action figures. Up now is a variant of the basic TRU figure that's making it's way to shelves. There's some minor differences between this version and the one that hit stores in the summer. It's not an advertised variant, just a running change in the production.

Infinite Hollywood: Captain Action TRU Basic (Variant) Review

Plenty of comparison pics and such in the review. With more Captain Action on the way!

Comment

• linuxitt
        Veteran Member
        • May 19, 2012

So thats why ive been seeing the looser neck suit.versions at TRU but everytime I see them the sewing on the collar seems to be done like crap, they all seem to have loose threads but thats just the ones ive seen so far

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG

I continue to work my way through all the Captain Action figures. Up now is a variant of the basic TRU figure that's making it's way to shelves. There's some minor differences between this version and the one that hit stores in the summer. It's not an advertised variant, just a running change in the production.

Plenty of comparison pics and such in the review. With more Captain Action on the way!

Another quality review. Love the detailed photos and the side by side comparisons. And I have to hand it to you. You are far more observant than this old fart. I have probably seven of the new Caps from the initial run and it never occurred to me to look at the latest offerings for differences. Great eyes! And not to get ahead of you, but I guess it's worth noting the officially announced alternate CA-Arctic Adventurer, also has the silver belt. So if it's the belt you want, you can also go that route. This was educational as well as entertaining. I'll need to start paying closer attention. Looking forward to your next review.

Comment

• Ben
            mego nut
            • Nov 18, 2010

so what's the news about the Red skull????

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I don't think it's dead, so much as pushed back since Round 2 acquired the DC License. I would not be too discouraged. I'm sure if business continue to run as it is, this character will see daylight.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Aw man, I prefer the turtleneck look, and I've yet to pick one up. I have to wait and see what Santa brings me...if he doesn't I plan to spend birthday and Christmas cash on some CA stuff.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                  Originally posted by ODBJBG

Another quality review. Love the detailed photos and the side by side comparisons. And I have to hand it to you. You are far more observant than this old fart. I have probably seven of the new Caps from the initial run and it never occurred to me to look at the latest offerings for differences. Great eyes! And not to get ahead of you, but I guess it's worth noting the officially announced alternate CA-Arctic Adventurer, also has the silver belt. So if it's the belt you want, you can also go that route. This was educational as well as entertaining. I'll need to start paying closer attention. Looking forward to your next review.
                  Thanks man, much appreciated. Yes, you are right, Arctic CA also has the belt. Oddly enough he seems to be tailored the same way the new figures are as well.

Comment

• linuxitt
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 19, 2012

so it seems that the basic CA, and spidy that TRU restocked on have been altered, i was if they altered captain america in any way

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Toys R Us finally got most of the Captain Action stuff listed on their website.

Arctic C/A is listed too...

Captain Action at TRU
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

I like the first version better. But to be honest, though I am a big fan of the original and modern Captain Action lines, I have never been a big fan of the Capt. himself. It has always been about the costumes and Dr. Evil with me. So any Capt. I pick up always get suited up in a costume anyway.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by drquest
                          Toys R Us finally got most of the Captain Action stuff listed on their website.

Arctic C/A is listed too...

Captain Action at TRU
                          Great news for our Mego brothers and sisters abroad!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy and the kids surprised me with a big Captain Action birthday yesterday! I got CA, and the deluxe Cap and Spidey sets! AND Cindy managed to get me a Steve Rogers mask without a lazy eye, thanks to diligently checking ebay auctions!

I had a lot of fun dressing and redressing those guys last night. I had to sacrifice a few of my Playing Mantis costumes now until I get some more 12" bodies to use. I really like the new CA body, but I do think the costumes fit better on the old Playing Mantis CA, especially Spidey, whose outfit is VERY snug.

I'll snap some pics later! Now I HAVE to get Thor and Loki to catch up!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Wow! What a great Birthday! BTW... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Comment

• rche
                                channeling Bob Wills
                                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Cindy and the kids surprised me with a big Captain Action birthday yesterday! I got CA, and the deluxe Cap and Spidey sets! AND Cindy managed to get me a Steve Rogers mask without a lazy eye, thanks to diligently checking ebay auctions!

I had a lot of fun dressing and redressing those guys last night. I had to sacrifice a few of my Playing Mantis costumes now until I get some more 12" bodies to use. I really like the new CA body, but I do think the costumes fit better on the old Playing Mantis CA, especially Spidey, whose outfit is VERY snug.

I'll snap some pics later! Now I HAVE to get Thor and Loki to catch up!

Chris
                                Happy bd; and it sounds like a fun time.

I prefer the old style bodies as well, tho I do like the dr evil 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎