X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thor
    Thunder God
    • Dec 17, 2009

SDCC 2012 Marvel Legends pics

I don't really need another Sentry (I'm not into his character either) at that price point. Then again that may change when or if I see him upclose.
    Mystique is better than the original so she is buyable. I have the old TB Deadpool and I'm not that in to his character so that may be out, If I see the grey version I might bite. The Dr. Doom is a repaint of the earlier hasbro vesion so he's out, plus I have the TB version. I'm also tired of Wolverine and Iron Man figures, I admit I do like Iron Man's paint job. I can pass on the Captain America type figures too at this point.

The new Iron Fist is a maybe, the old one is okay but I like the white outfit. So is Red She-Hulk, I don't like the character but the design is okay. I admit that new Arcangel and Psylocke figures are better than the TB versions but I don't see paying almost 3 times more for the new ones. I think my old Punisher is good enough imo. I can see new collector's wanting these because they are cheaper than Ebaying the old TB versions but old school collectors have to really pick and choose.

My definite List

Protector
    Moonstar
    Mystique
    Comic version Blade
    sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Very underwhelmed. I'm really tired of the parts reuse with both ML and MU. The Constrictor is a fine example. He still had a leftover belt buckle on his costume from a previous figure which Hasbro just painted over. Also, Hasbro's multipacks are B.S. I'm sick of buying two and four packs just to get one new figure.

Comment

• Thor
      Thunder God
      • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
      Very underwhelmed. I'm really tired of the parts reuse with both ML and MU. The Constrictor is a fine example. He still had a leftover belt buckle on his costume from a previous figure which Hasbro just painted over. Also, Hasbro's multipacks are B.S. I'm sick of buying two and four packs just to get one new figure.
      I totally agree. A new paint job and head is hardly worth it a lot of the time.
      Last edited by Thor; Jul 13, '12, 2:50 PM.
      sigpic

- Roy Batty

Comment

• Thor
        Thunder God
        • Dec 17, 2009

The finally are releasing a Jim Lee version of Jean Grey! That one will be bought on sight!

It's a little early and we'll see more pics but looks like no BAF for wave 3 http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/comic...on-2012#joomimg "Avengers" stands instead
        sigpic

- Roy Batty

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
          Very underwhelmed.
          I've been underwhelmed with all of Hasbro's ML offerings so far...Nothing has interested me enough to get back into purchasing the line...
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

I sorta Like Red She Hulk ...
            Not certain what that Black Widow figure is, up at the top of the page, ... but sorta like her too.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Harbingerboy
              Career Member
              • Jun 18, 2007

It's hard to get excited about this line anymore, I never know what's going on with Legends, and what eventually makes it to shelves is so out of left field compared to what I get excited about seeing at the cons. Last year it was Madrox, White Crown Phoenix, Brother Voodoo, Havok, The Hood, Bi-Beast, Dark Ms. Marvel, Bag Head Spidey...none of whom I've seen solicits for. Before that it was Classic Storm, Silver Samurai, Magneto, Lilandra, Northstar & Aurora, Blue & Gold Gambit...never saw any of these.

Comment

• Thor
                Thunder God
                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                It's hard to get excited about this line anymore, I never know what's going on with Legends, and what eventually makes it to shelves is so out of left field compared to what I get excited about seeing at the cons. Last year it was Madrox, White Crown Phoenix, Brother Voodoo, Havok, The Hood, Bi-Beast, Dark Ms. Marvel, Bag Head Spidey...none of whom I've seen solicits for. Before that it was Classic Storm, Silver Samurai, Magneto, Lilandra, Northstar & Aurora, Blue & Gold Gambit...never saw any of these.

I really wanted that Classic Storm. It seems that Hasbro due to cost saving concerns does not want to produce that many unique characters. They think it's more cost effective to repaint bodies and produce new heads.They also seem to have the Marvel Comics flavor of the month mentality. Meaning they are producing characters they think are popular right now. I personally don't want anymore Iron Man, Wolverine or Captain America figures but the suits think that's what sales. I think that out of the next 2 waves I'm only going to but a few figures. My biggest gripe is that Hasbro is cost cutting while customers are still paying for expensive new figures
                Last edited by Thor; Jul 17, '12, 10:50 AM.
                sigpic

- Roy Batty

Comment

• megocanada
                  Permanent Member
                  • Apr 18, 2003

I'm happy about Hyperion. Hopefuly we see a Nighthawk soon.
                  the greatest Superman of all time Earth 2 Superman

Comment

• clemso
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 8, 2001

So many cool character yet to get a go, apart from Black Bolt, where are the Inhumans? Wheres my High Evolutionary BAF?

Comment

• david_b
                      Never had enough toys..
                      • May 9, 2008

I'd love a Swordsman, FF Medusa, and Nighthawk, to name a couple.
                      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• david_b
                        Never had enough toys..
                        • May 9, 2008

What about a 'classic' Wonderman (in original green outfit), Mantis, or more accurate FF, say from the 70s with a red-suit Johnny Storm & Medusa....??

We DON'T need any more repainted Wolvies, Ironman's or Captain America's....

Jeez already..
                        Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Been mostly concentrating on the MU line so far, but might start picking up a few ML figures, too.
                          The MU range is getting tougher to find.
                          Finally getting hold of the new MU Wave 18 Hulk sculpt was cool.

The pics of the new MU Rhino sculpt were nice. Rumours are that they're finally going to do Abomination in MU scale, too.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎