Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

This line appears to have been a legitimate hit. You don't see them warming any shelves at TRU's stores in Louisville. They sold out of them relatively fast.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
      This line appears to have been a legitimate hit. You don't see them warming any shelves at TRU's stores in Louisville. They sold out of them relatively fast.
      Unfortunately, they aren't moving in my neck of the woods (just a bit to the northeast of you in WV). We've had them in my area since the week before Easter. Part of the problem might be that my TRU never got in the basic CA figures; what good are the costume sets to the average consumer if they have nothing to put them on?

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Wow that blonde Joe head looks incredible!

Just wondering...has anyone thought about trimming away the flesh parts of the Captain America mask so it's an actual mask?

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
          Unfortunately, they aren't moving in my neck of the woods (just a bit to the northeast of you in WV). We've had them in my area since the week before Easter. Part of the problem might be that my TRU never got in the basic CA figures; what good are the costume sets to the average consumer if they have nothing to put them on?
          Wow. That's wild. The outfits are sold out online at TRU, but not the figure. I think series one will likely go down as a collectors item. Not that you need that reason to get it, but I think it's uniqueness is pretty evident. I'm grabbing both versions as new ones come out. I want my Hawkeye figure. Especially after seeing the movie.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Wow. That's wild. The outfits are sold out online at TRU, but not the figure. I think series one will likely go down as a collectors item. Not that you need that reason to get it, but I think it's uniqueness is pretty evident. I'm grabbing both versions as new ones come out. I want my Hawkeye figure. Especially after seeing the movie.
            Yeah, I pre-ordered 2 each of the deluxe Captain America and Spider-Man sets, along with 2 deluxe Captain Action figures, from BBTS. I opened one of the figures to put the Captain America set on, but wanted to pick up a basic CA figure for the Spidey set (and keep my other deluxe figure sealed). I've been in TRU at least a dozen times specifically to check for the figures since Easter, but still nothing. When I asked, the staff there wasn't even aware that the Cap & Spidey suits didn't include figures, and were essentially useless without the CA figure. They have 4-5 of each of the costume sets on the shelves, but still no figures. I was planning to pick up one each of the basic costume sets (to collect MIB) as well, but don't really see the point anymore.

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
              Career Member
              • Jul 6, 2006

Has anyone tried the Cap suit on a 12" mego body? I want to like these but, the legs look too skinny.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I'd say it would be way too tight on a 12" Mego, since Megos are actually a larger size, at 12 1/2". Since the suits are running tight on some true 1:6 scale figures, I would think Megos would really stress the fabric.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Round 2 is coming to Wonderfest this coming weekend! Sweet. I'll get to meet these guys and hopefully they will bring some prototypes so I can share some photos of new product with everyone here. Personally I can't wait for the Gene Colan inspired Iron Man set. But that isn't due out until this winter. But with the Avengers being such a huge hit, I'm hoping they will take advantage and show some early concept shots of that character. I'm confident Thor and Loki will be their main push.

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 6, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I'd say it would be way too tight on a 12" Mego, since Megos are actually a larger size, at 12 1/2". Since the suits are running tight on some true 1:6 scale figures, I would think Megos would really stress the fabric.

Chris
                    Ok. Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy a set for my 12" Mego. Guess I'll pass.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                      House of a thousand Megos
                      • Aug 10, 2009

Ok on mine I used a late 90s Gi Joe with the muscley arms with removed hands and Duke V2 head on my Cap. Spidey I used a super articulated Joe body with a brown haired Gi Joe head. I just stuck the costume hands on the Joe arms and they look Awesome!!! I haven't opened my Captain Action yet. The Duke head looks like Steve Rogers. You have to remove the Joe hands cause they won't go through the sleeves and they costume hands look awesome anyways.
                      Last edited by Trappy Trek Freak; May 21, '12, 9:54 AM.
                      Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

Round 2 is coming to Wonderfest this coming weekend! Sweet. I'll get to meet these guys and hopefully they will bring some prototypes so I can share some photos of new product with everyone here. Personally I can't wait for the Gene Colan inspired Iron Man set. But that isn't due out until this winter. But with the Avengers being such a huge hit, I'm hoping they will take advantage and show some early concept shots of that character. I'm confident Thor and Loki will be their main push.
                        hey tom did round 2 show up at the show ?,any news or pics ,thor and loki look epic ,i cant wait to get them ,due to money problems ,i had to sell my journey in to mystery run ,83 and all ,it still hurts ,but owning these guys will make it hurt a little less cheers chris

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                          hey tom did round 2 show up at the show ?,any news or pics ,thor and loki look epic ,i cant wait to get them ,due to money problems ,i had to sell my journey in to mystery run ,83 and all ,it still hurts ,but owning these guys will make it hurt a little less cheers chris
                          Hey! Wonderfest is this coming weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to shoot some pics along the way. If I don't post this weekend, it will be Monday morning. Wonderfest is a full time event when it's running.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 3, 2009

hey thanks for the heads up tom ,sorry to jump the gun ,have a brilliant time at the con ,you going alone or do your family attend , tell round 2 that i think they are doing a terrific job with these guys and long may they continue to have the licences ,they really should try for the dc one ,silverage supes bats flash and green lantern with thor and captain america ironman and dr strange, daredevil , and they should try to sell them overseas,i look forward to your report cheers chris

Comment

• mirrorman
                              On Patrol
                              • Jul 18, 2011

Hey! Wonderfest is this coming weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to shoot some pics along the way. If I don't post this weekend, it will be Monday morning. Wonderfest is a full time event when it's running.

Any images from Wonderfest?

Comment

• mirrorman
                                On Patrol
                                • Jul 18, 2011

Was online this morning and snapped up the Spidey & Capt. America Deluxe sets , those 2 different shields in the Capt. America set look awesome.

Anyone got images of the parts trays out of the box, or what comes in the set? What does that Hawkeye stuff look like?

Cheers, Michael

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎