Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Boywonder0
    Can you link me to a Super articulated Joe body? Thanks in advance!
    Here is a link to a pic of a SA modern Joe. I used a Joe with a little less articulation on him for my comparison shots of the Spiderman outfit and it worked pretty well. You just have to take the hands off and push the gloves up on the forearms until you get the position you want. I would also note that the smaller Joe heads look better with the secret identity CA masks as they don't push the ears out quite so much and make them look like bobble heads.
    However, I would say my Spidey mask looked a little loose on the modern Joe head.

If I were to kitbash a body for one of these guys, I would probably use the Playing Mantis body and head and then put some modern Joe arms on it. But I actually really like the way these look on PM bodies the way they are.

G.I. Joe Super Articulated Body

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by rche
      Here is a link to a pic of a SA modern Joe. I used a Joe with a little less articulation on him for my comparison shots of the Spiderman outfit and it worked pretty well. You just have to take the hands off and push the gloves up on the forearms until you get the position you want. I would also note that the smaller Joe heads look better with the secret identity CA masks as they don't push the ears out quite so much and make them look like bobble heads.
      However, I would say my Spidey mask looked a little loose on the modern Joe head.

If I were to kitbash a body for one of these guys, I would probably use the Playing Mantis body and head and then put some modern Joe arms on it. But I actually really like the way these look on PM bodies the way they are.

G.I. Joe Super Articulated Body
      Thank you bro!

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Iron Mego
        Nice!!! Head to toe!

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Love the writing on the hammer!!
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Am I the only one that thinks Thor kinda looks like Arnold as Conan?
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

I cant afford to many of these but Ive gotta have that Thor.

Comment

• stevenlore
                Museum Super Collector
                • Oct 4, 2009

Just picked up a set. Put the Spidey costume on. Had a rough time with the gloves and mask, but in the end I like it. If only Round2 would sell a basic Captain Action for about $20, then I would buy a couple more.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 10, 2007

These look great!!
                  I didn't know these were out yet. I'll have to check TRU today when we go. I have a few of the PL vintage replica packaged toys and these will look good with them.
                  Lynn

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 10, 2007

I just got back from TRU and got Captain Action and a Spiderman outfit, there were no Captain America's around.

These look great.
                    Lynn

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 10, 2007

Do these suits pill up easily like the Mattel RA Super hero suits did when you touch them???
                      Lynn

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                        Do these suits pill up easily like the Mattel RA Super hero suits did when you touch them???
                        Lynn
                        I haven't heard anything and I haven't had a problem with them.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• levyguy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 4, 2009

How do you put the gloves on the PM or Ideal CA figures? Thanks!

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by levyguy
                            Unless you pull the hands off, which I do NOT recommend, you can't.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by levyguy
                              I would have to respectfully disagree with the Werewolf.

Pulling the hands from a Cap Action doll is pretty easy. Some of the Ideal ones you find may even be hands free already

You can pull them cold, but they do come out a bit easier if you heat up the forearm first. Either with hot water (the boil and pop method), or a concentrated hairdryer hot air blast for a few minutes. You should be able to pull the wristpins holding the hands in the forearm right out.

Then it is just a matter of pushing the gloves up on the forearm. They will stay put with friction. Caveat - I do not know if there will be any dissimilar plastics type reaction with the forearm and the material that the gloves are made of. But, PM cap action bodies don't have that much of a value, so it is not too much of a risk. imho

I am planning on displaying my Round2 costumes on PM cappy bodies as that is what Cap Action looks like to me and, after experimenting with various armatures, I keep coming back to that look as my favorite.

have a GOOD time - rche

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche

You can pull them cold, but they do come out a bit easier if you heat up the forearm first. Either with hot water (the boil and pop method), or a concentrated hairdryer hot air blast for a few minutes. You should be able to pull the wristpins holding the hands in the forearm right out.
                                Great info.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎