X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torgospizza
    Theocrat of Pan Tang
    • Aug 19, 2010

1/6 scale Spartacus on the way!

This is month-old news, but it's news to me and thought it deserved a heads-up: ACI Toys is coming out with a Spartacus figure based on the Starz show and Andy Whitfield. Check it out here.
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

sweet. I really want that helmet in 1:9 scale.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Looks good to me!
      Any idea of the price range, before I get my hopes up?
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
        Looks good to me!
        Any idea of the price range, before I get my hopes up?
        Judging from their Flamma, I'm going to guess around $130 US, £100 UK, and €95-110 or thereabouts.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by torgospizza
          Judging from their Flamma, I'm going to guess around $130 US, £100 UK, and €95-110 or thereabouts.
          Just what I thought. They look great, but why does every 1/6 scale figure company think that $150 is no problem for the average collector?
          I'd love to add a gladiator to my toy shelf, but I guess it's out of my league...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

Here is a preview of ACI's Spartacus figure. I can live with that Andy Whitfield sculpt. I think it looks quite a bit like him. They have cast him as a provocator while Spartacus was a thraex in the Starz series and probably fought as one in real life, too (thraex = Thracian, which he was). Pretty decent pics here, as well. Haven't heard anything on pricing yet, but Bryan from ACI said a couple days ago at OSW that the figure should be available "hopefully, within 2 months" since a lot of the tooling's already done. I'm really becoming a big fan of both ACI and Kaustic Plastic...they're both doing incredible work.
            Last edited by torgospizza; Mar 23, '12, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

My Old Lady Says that doesn't look like Whitfield. ...
              She, I guess is a Big Fan.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

The face sculpt is close enough for me. And I'd probably just display him with the helmet on anyway.
                Body sculpt and all the accessories look absolutely great.
                Man, I may just have to spend the $$$ on this....

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                  The face sculpt is close enough for me. And I'd probably just display him with the helmet on anyway.
                  That's where I am, too. I think it looks like a cross between Andy Whitfield and Norman Reedus, but it's close enough for me. And I'll have him posed with his helmet on, like you, GC. I might even try to grab some of the loose gear from the CM Toys gladiator to make a screen-accurate version. We'll have to see. He looks pretty cool as-is!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎