X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Turner and Sales art DOES NOT translate well to figures. I'm not a big fan of either's art, personally, but I respect their work. But those figures are just hideous.

Totally agree....I have the Identity Crisis Zatanna (based on Turner's art) just to round out my classic JLA line-up and it's a horrible figure in comparision to the top-hat Zatanna that was released a few years prior.
    A shame too because I really liked that George Perez costume she wore for a while.

The McGuinness ones all look like the same body pose with a different head....too bulked up IMO.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• joshvox
      Clown Prince of Crime
      • Mar 21, 2006

Originally posted by grayhank
      Putting all ugliness aside, I am however foaming at the bit to get this 2-Pack from DC Direct next month! It's definitely a must have for me.

http://www.dccomics.com/media/products/8070_a_full.jpg
      You said it. That is one sweet set right there. DCD does some ugly stuff, and they are too expensive, but I still buy just about every Joker they release because they usually look great. However, they are releasing some sort of Joker staff/cane type thing this summer that I'm going to have to pass on--it's gonna cost $300.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by The Toyroom
        Those weren't DC Direct though....
        Dang I missed that...apologies...(makes sense
        now why they weren't mentioned right away!)
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

I love my Turner Supergirl Statue,.. It's just the Figures that suck. I'm telling ya, it was the sculptor,... he dropped the ball.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

The Turner ones I've seen warming the pegs of my LCS are just as ugly as the source art.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

^ My comic store has his Identity Crisis figures (Black Canary, Dr. Light, Boomernag Jr) marked down to $3.50 and no one is buying them! Even at that cheap price I still can't pull the trigger on crap....
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                I love my Turner Supergirl Statue,.. It's just the Figures that suck. I'm telling ya, it was the sculptor,... he dropped the ball.

Agreed! The Statue was GREAT...I just couldn't afford it.
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by davidb
                  The Supergirl and Black Canary ones he mentioned are definitely on my list. The winner for me? The battle armor Luthor. Took the sleek, cool armor and turned it into something you'd find in a box of Mega Bloks. Plus, the head, well...

http://www.dccomics.com/media/products/6001_a_full.jpg
                  Yeah, the McGuinness hero figures are somewhat acceptable as huge Bulky characters, I mean it's not the first time they've been done this way but this thing ties the Toybiz Lex Luthor as worst face/body combination.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MegoSteve
                    Superman's Pal
                    • Jun 17, 2005

What's funny is that I've never seen that McGuiness Lex before and now I kind of want one for the humor value.

Comment

• Airdave817
                      Satellite Monitor Duty
                      • May 31, 2007

I think the Tim Sale figures are ugly. I've not yet read any of the Loeb - Sale works. I've heard that they are difinitive works for Superman, Batman, Spider-man, The Hulk and Dardevil. Somehow I missed them.

I like the Superman-Batman figures. My wife saw the Wonder Woman figure and thought it was the ugliest thing she'd every seen on the face of the earth.

The New Froniter figures are quirky.
                      Shameless self-promotion -
                      Earth-Dave
                      KROC-FM
                      Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                      "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢