X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenLantern9999
    GL of Mego Sector
    • Oct 8, 2007

Green Lantern Animated Series Line from Mattel

So I know Mattel has been pretty tight lipped on if they were going to go ahead with a new toy line based on the Green Lantern Animated Series. A few days ago I found this on ebay:

That sure looks like Kilowog from the new show, seen here:

It looks to me they at least put this guy through the machine so if they don't end up releasing this line they went pretty far with it! I for one welcome any new DC stuff especially GL related! So what are your thoughts?
    No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I would love to have some figures based off the upcoming Green Lantern animated series, as long as they're done well. Heck, I'd just be happy to see the series on the air! Anyone know when it's scheduled to start..?
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

If so, I hope they're JLU scale.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Thats a Prototype for sure ...
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I heard rumors that Mattel planned to do this line, but retailers balked because of how horrible the GL movie toys sold. Take that with a grain of salt, although it sounds plausible, as Mattel has been all over the place with their intentions as of late.

I imagine if the show is a success, we'll see the toys sooner or later.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

It'll probably get shopped around at Toyfair. Is there anything more than the premiere episode yet?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like JLU scale. Not really sure if that's the way to go or not. Look how the Young Justice line is dying. I think that size is a dead format for now. Of course if they could bring the price point down to at least $7-8 like the much more articulated and more detailed Hasbro 3 3/4 offerings, that would help!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                GL of Mego Sector
                • Oct 8, 2007

Hey guys just a quick update I ended up getting my hands on a Kilowog Proto, I see that the picture is missing from my original post if that was done on purpose please feel free to knock this out as well and kill this whole convo, I am not here to upset anyone or thing just wanted to share how cool he is

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! I hope this line does get a chance. I'm really enjoying the show thus far. The stink from the movie toys lingering on clearance shelves doesn't bode well though.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    I heard rumors that Mattel planned to do this line, but retailers balked because of how horrible the GL movie toys sold. Take that with a grain of salt, although it sounds plausible, as Mattel has been all over the place with their intentions as of late.

I imagine if the show is a success, we'll see the toys sooner or later.
                    That sounds VERY likely.

Congrats on the proto GL9999!

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

nice! cant wait for them to hit the shelves!!

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                        GL of Mego Sector
                        • Oct 8, 2007

I will say that the Movie toys are pretty fun and if any one has a chance to grab them for the 1.50 Wal*marts have them down to I would recommend it, they have the Parallax final battle figure for 10 now which is also a great deal! It is one of the most fun toys I have played with in years!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎