• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

CultTVman visits iHobbyExpo 2011

New model kits coming soon shown at CutTVman:

The Bride/Frankenstein's Monster & Creature figure kits were shown.

Movie Version Seaview kit.

1/350, 32" Classic U.S.S. Enterprise prototype mock up was displayed.

Also Pegasus Hobbies announced Terminator 2 kits of the Hunter Killer Tank and the Aerial Hunter Killer for next year. They have had success in recent years with their classic Sci-Fi kit lines of the Martian War Machine, Martian vinyl figure, When Worlds Collide Rocket & Uncle Martin spacecraft.

iHobbyExpo 2011 at a glance

This was sculpted by Jeff Yagher. Anyone know him? I am not a monster kit person but this is an excellent sculpt. Photo by CultTVman.

Last edited by johnmiic; Oct 22, '11, 10:07 AM.
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Very cool bride and monster! I love looking at garage kits from the outside and glad the hobby survives.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Starship Modeller also covered the event. Many close-up pics of the nearly 3 foot long classic U.S.S. Enterprise. The saucer on the kit has grid lines on it. This detail has been the bane of model-builders for decades. It has been contested for years and divides Trek modelers right down the middle as the lines on the filming miniature were drawn on with a pencil-not cut into the model. They were not contracted to be put there when they ordered the model to be built. No-one knows who did it. So model kit companies have tried to reproduce this feature in the kits to be accurate.

Still, it's a beautiful kit and near studio-miniature size.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/EVENTS/jl_2k11ihobby.htm

Last edited by johnmiic; Oct 24, '11, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎