Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Action: Hawkeye!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Captain Action: Hawkeye!

Captain Action Hawkeye Exclusive Costume Set

Not sure if this has been posted prior... 12" Captain Action will be doing the BAF concept by including parts of the Hakweye outfit with the first six figures.

Makes sense given the characters prominence in the upcoming Avengers movie.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Images of the deluxe sets with the Hawkeye parts have been circulating for a while, but no push like this yet.

The CA items are supposed to be coming up soon, so it is good to see some press and PR on this. I really hope they do well.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I don't collect 12" figures, but that Spider-man looks great. I may have to break down and get him.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• wilbs518
        Mego Collector
        • Jul 25, 2009

I can't wait to get these!
        sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

So cap comes with the boots and spidey includes the bow arrows and quiver

Comment

• TrueDave
            Toy Maker
            • Jan 12, 2008

I've been thinking about this a while and I think this is a new level of weirdness in Gimmicks.
            Clever, but weird.
            Very manipulative. I'm sure that will be a cause to Rant.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I've been thinking about this a while and I think this is a new level of weirdness in Gimmicks.
              Clever, but weird.
              Very manipulative. I'm sure that will be a cause to Rant.
              It's not any different than the BAF concept originally seen here in the US in Marvel Legends, and also used in DCUC and other lines.

I'm fuzzy on the "Deluxe" costumes. Are their "regular" versions with fewer pieces or something? What is the difference?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                Career Member
                • Jul 25, 2010

I believe the BAF parts only come in the Deluxe sets.
                Vintage Toy Rescue
                1614-B N State Hwy 161
                Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

problem is, nice as these sets are, they are way to damn expensive

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    It's not any different than the BAF concept originally seen here in the US in Marvel Legends, and also used in DCUC and other lines.

I'm fuzzy on the "Deluxe" costumes. Are their "regular" versions with fewer pieces or something? What is the difference?

Chris
                    Don't worry, I think most everyone else is a bit fuzzy on the details here as well. One of the things that worries me most about toy lines is lack of information before a release.

That said; It is my understanding that the Deluxe versions are costumes only and have some extra bits, like the Parker mask in the Spidey costume, and will also have the Hawkeye parts. The boxed costumes (which may or may not have doll bodies ( I have yet to get a straight answer on that) will not have the extra mask or the Hawkeye parts.

Mind you, I could be wrong but this is what it sounded like my rep indicated to me. Of course he is the same fellow who told me it did not look like his company was going to carry these about two days before they appeared as orders on their site.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2005

I love them all. I might get them but have not made up my mind as I need to decide if I want to collect something else.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                        Might be a question to ask over at the Captain Action facebook page.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Don't worry, I think most everyone else is a bit fuzzy on the details here as well. One of the things that worries me most about toy lines is lack of information before a release.

That said; It is my understanding that the Deluxe versions are costumes only and have some extra bits, like the Parker mask in the Spidey costume, and will also have the Hawkeye parts. The boxed costumes (which may or may not have doll bodies ( I have yet to get a straight answer on that) will not have the extra mask or the Hawkeye parts.

Mind you, I could be wrong but this is what it sounded like my rep indicated to me. Of course he is the same fellow who told me it did not look like his company was going to carry these about two days before they appeared as orders on their site.
                          Thanks for the info. Good to know I'm not the only one confused!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

I really like the look of this product. But it appears destined for the same fate as the Playing Mantis line if they don't get their marketing organized and costs under control. If they start toying around too much with pricing and availability becomes an issue, their dead in the water. Playing Mantis did the same exact thing. They overpriced the figure and stuck him in a big gaudy box. They then forced the buyer to purchase the figure each time they sold a different character. All bad ideas which alienated customers. This time their trying to price in the costume sets to cost just as much (if not more) than the figure. Only this time you don't get the figure! I can see this will be a short lived product. They could use some wisdom by looking at the lessons of this figure line. Get greedy early, and you lose the customer. Those costume sets should NOT cost anywhere close to the same money as the figure. It doesn't matter what kind of packaging you put them in.
                            Last edited by MIB41; Aug 19, '11, 6:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎