• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torgospizza
    Theocrat of Pan Tang
    • Aug 19, 2010

Majestic Studios' 1/6 BSG on sale

Adama Apollo Starbuck Set

$64.99 for Adama, Apollo, and Starbuck as a set. Not a bad price, if you're interested! I got a set myself, and the sculpts aren't quite as bad as the pictures seem. The Lorne Greene sculpt in particular is pretty good. I think the issues with Starbuck are mainly in the paint job.
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

that's a great deal. wish i didnt buy mine a while back!!!

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

Not bad, but I never thought the flight jackets, the shirt collars, or Richard Hatch's facial likeness was quite accurate enough, especially at 1:6 scale.

Starbuck's and Adama's sculpts are really good.
      Last edited by david_b; Jun 18, '11, 8:58 PM.
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

i think out of the 3 of them, adama has the best sculpt. starbuck and apollo could have been better.

Comment

• torgospizza
          Theocrat of Pan Tang
          • Aug 19, 2010

Adama I would put on the level of Sideshow, sculpt-wise. Apollo seems passable to me, and Starbuck seems a lot more off. Definitely the worst of the three. But like I said, I blame the paint apps. I think another painter could have really brought it to life. He might just be one of those guys like Viggo Mortensen or Mark Hamill that are extremely hard to sculpt.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I agree with everything above. Starbuck's paint job is just too...bland.
            I don't know why this line seems to be faltering every step of the way. Majestic dropped the ball, then Amok Time, and now it seems it's over again.
            It's one of my dream lines, but it just doesn't seem to take off...

I still need an Adama, to complete my set.
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
              Career Member
              • May 14, 2007

I've seen these listed on e-bay for $20.00 each for quite sometime. Up close they look just as good as any HotToys line.
              Bob

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

too bad the 2nd wave didnt get made. was looking forward to boomer. they should have just did an 8 inch line - more affordable.

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by starsky
                  too bad the 2nd wave didnt get made. was looking forward to boomer.
                  That entire wave looked incredible! That was indeed a bummer. I definitely would've bought Athena and Boomer, if not all of them--Cain and Tigh looked impressive, too. There was also talk about having Joy and Tom re-sculpt Apollo and Starbuck, as well. It could've been a legendary line if they'd be on it from the start, IMHO.

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                    Career Member
                    • May 14, 2007

^^ See that's the problem with certain toy companies. They save money by NOT hiring a great team like Joy and Tom. Of course, these same toy companies have a p i s s poor product too. No one does a better likeness than Joy and Tom. I own many resin kits that has their work on it.
                    Bob

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

If we could motivate someone to make a great custom sculpt for Boomer, for example, we could extend the line ourselves using some "decapitated" Apollo and Starbuck figures.
                      too bad we can't get hold of the now disused Amok Time sculpts...
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Those are great prices. It's funny how some properties just don't seem to catch that nostalgia frenzy like others do. Particularly with the new incarnation. Even star trek had a kind of synergy with the original series getting a boost from next generation, either with fans spurred to discover the original or define themselves in opposition. Of course you still had movies going on with the original crew.

Might have something to do with reboots vs continuations? Old fans and new fans uniting for that history and shared universe... Like with star wars or the pre-boot star trek universe.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎