Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • censy
    thread killer
    • Sep 26, 2007

When I went to the NY comic con last february, they were practically giving poor aquaman away. The tonner dolls cost well over $100, but he was about $50. Being my favorite DC hero, I came close to pulling the trigger, but just couldn’t based on the head. He is just too odd looking. Sadly, there were no seahorses in sight.

Chris

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

is that seahorse 1/6 scale?

Comment

• captact
        King of Super Queens!
        • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        The Tonner dolls are about 17" so, the suit wouldn't fit a DCD 13", and the seahorse would probably be too big too. My wife has the first Wonder Woman, and she's really nice, but the men look like effeminate manikins and the masks on Batman and Batgirl look like those big thumb suckers with holes cut in them.

Chris
        Chris,..youre right about the masks,..but to me,..what they are missing is more painted detail,..check what i did to mines:

Mego Talk

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by captact
          Chris,..youre right about the masks,..but to me,..what they are missing is more painted detail,..check what i did to mines:

Mego Talk
          WOW!!! Way Cool!!!!!!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

That repainted Batman looks much better. What's up with Superman's huge fists and noggin, tho?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Alan Van Develd
              • Apr 7, 2010

Aquaman is my favorite. I like to play with him in the bathtub. I am a delivery driver and when I get away from the shop I set up all of my Mego action figures on the dashboard. I eat my sandwhich while making them dance together to the AM radio. I have to put them away before I get back to the shop or all of the guys will bug me.
              Last edited by Alan Van Develd; Apr 7, '10, 11:07 PM. Reason: Need to include photo and repost

Comment

• marbkwds
                Da Bronx Mego Collector
                • May 10, 2005

That Seahorse does in fact go for around the $350.00 mark ..... But it does look amazing .... Also the Tonner Batgirl, Batman and wonder woman figures look out of site ......... Roy

Comment

• captact
                  King of Super Queens!
                  • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  That repainted Batman looks much better. What's up with Superman's huge fists and noggin, tho?
                  Upps!! Sorry,..took a wrong angle of the figure,..head and fist are in proportion with the body.

Ray

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

that seahorse rocks! go storm!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎