X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

Boys vs Girls Toys

While shopping at Target the other day I noticed that nearly all of the toylines for boys were marked up several dollars. There did not seem to be one single toyline of action figures for less than $7.99 aside from some generic lines. Most were marked up to $9.99.

Just for yucks I went to the girl's aisle and noticed that girl's popular toylines were still $4.99 - $6.99.

It doesn't seem right that a 12" Bratz type doll is $9.99, the same price for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure. Littlist Pet Shop figures were $4.29 for girls but SW Galactic Heroes which used to be $4.99 are now $7.99.

Is this just another attempt by Target to discourage Male collectors from shopping in their stores?
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

i think it's like that everywhere! they're targeting all the scalpers but in turn are hurting the collectors and kids.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

i just think it's because boys stay into toys way longer then girls
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Boris71
        GeekBot' For Life
        • May 13, 2007

It's been the same for a while now, I noticed in the 90's that the return of action man saw £10 figures for a 12" basic doll, and the animated spiderman 5" stuff were about £4 while a 12" barbie was £5 for the basic doll made no sense then or now
        Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎