X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwiz154
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 16, 2008

Mach 5 cleaning question

Hey gang! I just got a Speed Racer Mach5 and figures collection. The ones made by Resaurus. Anybody have any ideas on what to use to clean up the white car?? Seems the seller shipped the car wrapped in newspaper, so all the ink is run onto the vehicle. Some spots you can actually make out words! I tried most of the usual houshold stuff (Fantastic, Simple Green, Shout.....). Not much luck at all.
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by jwiz154
    Hey gang! I just got a Speed Racer Mach5 and figures collection. The ones made by Resaurus. Anybody have any ideas on what to use to clean up the white car?? Seems the seller shipped the car wrapped in newspaper, so all the ink is run onto the vehicle. Some spots you can actually make out words! I tried most of the usual houshold stuff (Fantastic, Simple Green, Shout.....). Not much luck at all.
    You might want to try Goo Gone if you can find it in your area. It's what I use to remove permanent marker and ink marks off of plastic surfaces when the common household stuff doesn't work.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I agree. Goo Gone will work. Once done though, you will want to wash it down with a little soap and water to take away the strong cleaner smell. It has a thinner-like after smell to it. A little liquid soap and water will fix that though. That is the way to go.

Comment

• jwiz154
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 16, 2008

Thanks soooo very much for the replies! Goo-Gone never crossed my mind. I'll give it a shot! Anything is better than the way it looks now. But I would assume it will also take the numbers off the car as well, if not careful.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 23, 2001

How about warm/hot water and dish washing soap...and a little elbow grease.
          "When not too many people can see we're all the same
          And because of all their tears,
          Their eyes can't hope to see
          The beauty that surrounds them
          Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
          By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
          Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
            WANTED for card bending
            • Apr 26, 2008

i used to use lestoil for that on SW stuff, do they even still make lestoil?

Comment

• jwiz154
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
              do they even still make lestoil?
              Wow.. that's a name from the past. I don't know if it's still produced!

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
              How about warm/hot water and dish washing soap...and a little elbow grease.
              I tried that. The ink seems to have set in. At least it wasn't working for me.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎