X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Gentle Giant Star Wars 12" Vintage line

Looks like the next two(or three depending on how you look at it) will be Han Solo and Chewbacca.
    And there will be both big head and little head Solo. Looks like the big head has been marked down to $67.50 as well as Chewbacca but the little head solo is $75.00.
    Ltd Ed to 2500 each.
    Shipping date is set for 2/2011.

Last edited by SeattleEd; Sep 17, '10, 9:03 PM.
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

now that's what i'm waiting for! small head han solo!!! awesome!! ed, are these only available on their website?

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Anyone else really astonished that a molding seem is considered a selling point?
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

does anyone know why kenner came out with a big head han solo version during the seventies and eighties?

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Say....

Y'know; they kinda missed out on something. If they'd made them about 6 inces tall, they'd be more or less in scale with how big the originals were in relation to the 8 year old you who played with them.

Don C.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by starsky
            now that's what i'm waiting for! small head han solo!!! awesome!! ed, are these only available on their website?
            Looks like they will be available at places that carry GG products.
            However, the small head variation, as the article states, is a chase and limited to one per case. But they can be pre-ordered if you are a member, through the site to guarantee to get one.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by starsky
              does anyone know why kenner came out with a big head han solo version during the seventies and eighties?
              No idea and no one seems to know for sure.
              Not even rebelscum has an answer. All I know is that we hated the big head and big nosed solo head. When my brother got a replacement he was disappointed to find the big head. Needless to say that one was trashed.
              Managed to get a small head during a trade later so we were psyched.
              We always made fun of the kids with the big head Solo.

Comment

• TrueDave
                Toy Maker
                • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
                Say....

Y'know; they kinda missed out on something. If they'd made them about 6 inces tall, they'd be more or less in scale with how big the originals were in relation to the 8 year old you who played with them.

Don C.
                I thought the same thing. Scale things that that are wacky. I built a 45 pistol in woodshop that was the same scale to me as a real pistol was to a 12" Joe.

I saw a giant High Heeled Barbie shoe outside the FAO Swartz in Orlando. I saw the 1970s rare life size manequins of Original Barbie and Ken in a second hand shop in Chicago.

I have had two 4" Joes that were suppossed to be models of the 12".

And giant pez dispensers that dispense whole packages of Pez?

Weird.

What size would you like a Giant Mego Wizard of Oz?

Samurai Noir "Anyone else really astonished that a molding seem is considered a selling point?"

Not since the green army men in Toy Story . :-0
                Last edited by TrueDave; Nov 26, '10, 8:10 PM. Reason: Green Army Men

Comment

• Sandman9580
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 16, 2010

I like the big head Han Solo. He's the one I had when I was a kid. Though when I was a kid, I'd probably have preferred the smaller one.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 15, 2010

I want the Vader and the Fett.

There's some conflicting reports out there, with Fett being only a Celebration Con Ex., and some saying it will be released to the general collecting public later.

Does anyone here know for sure? I really don't want to pay $200+ for one on evilbay.
                    sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

I spoke to the marketing lad at GG and stated that fett and stormtrooper will be released on sw cards.
                      Last edited by SeattleEd; Nov 28, '10, 1:38 PM.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 15, 2010

EXCELLENT - Thanks for the update.
                        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• TEXASFETT
                          #1 Bounty Hunter
                          • Aug 29, 2008

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
                          I want the Vader and the Fett.

There's some conflicting reports out there, with Fett being only a Celebration Con Ex., and some saying it will be released to the general collecting public later.

Does anyone here know for sure? I really don't want to pay $200+ for one on evilbay.
                          I pre-ordered Vader last month through Gentle Giants LTD website. As for the Fett there where at the Show in Orlando but the next week the Fetts went up for sale on the GG website as well and went fast! I got lucky and picked one up.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ealdrett
                            No idea and no one seems to know for sure.
                            Not even rebelscum has an answer. All I know is that we hated the big head and big nosed solo head. When my brother got a replacement he was disappointed to find the big head. Needless to say that one was trashed.
                            Managed to get a small head during a trade later so we were psyched.
                            We always made fun of the kids with the big head Solo.
                            Well... it LOOKS weird (I guess) 'cause of it's size... but it looks more like
                            Ford than the other one does. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason
                            the small head was switched out.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

the figures are cool but more like $50 cool and not $85

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎