Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynn TXP 0369
    Career Member
    • Jun 10, 2007

I can picture a disgruntled collector who works for USPS seeing these come through his station and saying "I'll fix those stupid collectors who are trying to get these Boba Fett figures and sell them on eBay for big $$$." and then proceed to destroy what he/she can get their grubby little mitts or feet on.

I have seen people do this at a Walmart, Target, TRU, and Kmart to some rare figures all in one night when I used to be big on the hunt years ago.
    Lynn
    Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; Sep 13, '10, 7:14 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Seems folks over at the rebelscum forum are talking of order a case, which is 20, by pulling resources together and having one person mail out the rest in mint condition.
      It looks to be hit or miss on condition but mostly hit.
      Guess I'm calling Hasbro to complain and see what what happens.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

At least it is nice that they put in some "tells" to differentiate this from an original.
        Aside from the obvious CO. and date on the back legs just looking at my original figure compared to the new I spotted the following differences from the new to the old.

Noted differences that the new figure has when compared with an original...

1) Shoulder armor has more squared off angles across it's front and are larger overall.
        2) The chest armor is different in the shape, the angles are a little different, the middle section is much larger, and the chest light area is in a different location and size.
        3) Collar armor is a different shape and the "U" shapes are more defined.
        4) The vest area on the shoulders is a completely different texture with different shapes.
        5) The belt is narrower and the 3 leather "pouches" are a different shape and spacing on the belt
        6) The head is different, I think it is the visor that is what is different.
        7) Knee armor is larger.
        8) Left hand is in a different position and the figures are shorter.
        9) It is appearing taller overall by about 1/8".

I haven't had a chance to look at the back side until I can get my second one to open the worse package shape of the two.

This is just from what I've noticed from the figure being in the package and looking it over for 10 minutes, but I'm thinking that this is a all new sculpt and not just a simple remold of an original figure.
        Lynn
        Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; Sep 13, '10, 8:53 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Got my second one and the outer box is creased on one side but inside the figure is mint.
          Lucked out. Don't care for the outer box since I plan on hanging this one up.

Comment

• livnxxxl
            Megoholic RocketScientist
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by ealdrett
            Got my second one and the outer box is creased on one side but inside the figure is mint.
            Lucked out. Don't care for the outer box since I plan on hanging this one up.
            Glad to hear that your figure arrived mint. Too bad about the outer box though. In your case it really does not matter as you indicated. However, There are collector's out there that would gladly pay you for that outer box had it been in great condition.
            Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• LadyZod
              Superman's Gal Pal
              • Jan 27, 2007

I got a response back from Hasbro. They emailed me a postage paid return label and asked that I return my crushed Fett for a new one.

I guess including photos helped.

I wasn't sure if I was going to go through the trouble of returning it yet. I was waiting on my second fett to arrive to see if it was an isolated incident... but seeing as though everyone's fett is arriving crushed, I'm less likely to believe in the isolated incident dream.

If you haven't emailed hasbro yet, TAKE PHOTOS of the crushed package. It will help your case.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
              Check out my art:
              Art Portfolio@Redbubble
              Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• livnxxxl
                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by LadyZod
                I got a response back from Hasbro. They emailed me a postage paid return label and asked that I return my crushed Fett for a new one.

I guess including photos helped.

I wasn't sure if I was going to go through the trouble of returning it yet. I was waiting on my second fett to arrive to see if it was an isolated incident... but seeing as though everyone's fett is arriving crushed, I'm less likely to believe in the isolated incident dream.

If you haven't emailed hasbro yet, TAKE PHOTOS of the crushed package. It will help your case.
                Great to hear that they are willing to make good on their "boo boo". That is the way it should be.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 10, 2007

I broke down and got a vintage boxed AT-AT tonight at TRU.... I wasn't going to get one of these, but that darn vintage box was too much for me to resist.

Lynn

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

i havent seen a vintage box yet but i'm not in a hurry either!

Comment

• livnxxxl
                      • Oct 23, 2007

A vintage boxed AT-AT? Now that would be cool. Can you take some pictures for us to see?

I have only seen the new boxed version. There was like three of them at the last Wal-Mart I visited.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 10, 2007

I'll try...
                        I got my Kit bashed Boba Fett prototype kit today to, I'll try to snap pics of it also, I just haven't opened him yet.
                        Lynn

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 10, 2007

Here are few pics of the vintage boxed AT-AT.

I couldn't pass it up as much as I was trying to.
                          This thing totally rocks!!

Lynn

Comment

• livnxxxl
                            • Oct 23, 2007

Thanks Lynn,

Those are great pictures. Now that is what I am talking about. Those are cool. I love the vintage look of the box. All the difference packaging can make. Thank you for sharing those with us here.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by livnxxxl

I love the vintage look of the box. All the difference packaging can make. Thank you for sharing those with us here.
                              QFT...
                              Your welcome!
                              I wasn't going to get this as I didn't want to start getting vehicles again because this was expensive and the new box sucks big time, but when I saw this vintage package, I was struck. I can't wait for the vintage boxed Snow speeder and vintage boxed small winged TIE fighter, I get those if we can as well. I'll pass on the Twin pod cloud car though, no desire for that one.
                              Lynn

Comment

• livnxxxl
                                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                                QFT...
                                Your welcome!
                                I wasn't going to get this as I didn't want to start getting vehicles again because this was expensive and the new box sucks big time, but when I saw this vintage package, I was struck. I can't wait for the vintage boxed Snow speeder and vintage boxed small winged TIE fighter, I get those if we can as well. I'll pass on the Twin pod cloud car though, no desire for that one.
                                Lynn
                                I "almost" bought a Snow Speeder the other day. It was not the vintage boxed though. Now I am glad that I did not bring myself to do it. I was like you. I thought about it and did not really want to collect the new line of vehicles. The vintage packaging is making me weak though.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎