Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harbingerboy
    Career Member
    • Jun 18, 2007

Thanks for the comparison shot Werewolf. It will be interesting to see if Bratzillaz pays off for MGA.

Comment

• turnbolt
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 26, 2008

Originally posted by Den82
      Is there a full guide to them anywhere? There seems to be a ton of them made.

I saw 3 packs in Wal-Mart tonight. Not sure if it's the same one I see selling for higher on eBay right now.
      Argh! Been looking for that 3pack everywhere.

The are a few good Monster High figure guides. This is agood place to start: http://tattoomyheart.com/mhcheck/
      I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• Harbingerboy
        Career Member
        • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Den82
        Is there a full guide to them anywhere? There seems to be a ton of them made.

I saw 3 packs in Wal-Mart tonight. Not sure if it's the same one I see selling for higher on eBay right now.
        You can find a pretty comprehensive checklist here... http://tattoomyheart.com/mhcheck/

I'd agree with what's been said about collecting these as an investment, It's really too fickle to call, but it will most likely be the first wave from 2010 that is most desirable if there is a market for these in the future, probably some of the exclusives as well (ie: don't go buying up a bunch of gloom beach or sweet 1600 dolls because they're on clearance). I personally can't see this line maintaining staying power for many more years, but I think it will be fondly remembered like Jem and other stand outs of the past, especially by monster fans.

And yes, the Wal-Mart 3-pack you mentioned is the one that is on eBay for 2 and 3 x retail price.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

stopped by TRU tonight and snagged Spectre frmo the dot dead line....they had the original one as well but someone had opened her and the hair was a mess. also snagged the wear cat twins and the Ghoulia scooter. doing some early christmas shopping for my daughter.
          they had a lot of other news ones out too like the halloween ones i just did not have enough to get more

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

Venus McFlytrap is IN STOCK for 19.97 at Wal-Mart.com... http://www.walmart.com/ip/19476590?w...440271&veh=aff

Got mine!...HURRY!!

Comment

• katiedoodle29
              • Jul 9, 2012

darn, just saw your post, Harbingerboy. she's sold out online. lucky you! what a great find!
              Originally posted by Harbingerboy
              Venus McFlytrap is IN STOCK for 19.97 at Wal-Mart.com... http://www.walmart.com/ip/19476590?w...440271&veh=aff

Got mine!...HURRY!!

Comment

• katiedoodle29
                • Jul 9, 2012

the MH fairy must have dropped a box at our target - they had Ghouls Rule Drac (2), Cleo and Frankie, Scary Tales Threaderella (2), a Ghoulia Roller Derby (can't remember the name of that line), Skull Shores pack (and an old Gloom Beach), Ghoulia's Scooter, Drac's Powder Room and Clawdeen with Coffin Bean. Also, the usual Skull Shores individual packs (Drac and Ghoulia only) and tons and tons of Sweet 1600. But how exciting! I figured I'd never see any Ghouls Rule or Scary Tales dolls. Am thinking about collecting the Scary Tales, but am passing on everything else...don't have the room...

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Novi Stars by MGA. Found them at Target tonight. Had no idea about them. Now this is what MGA should be doing to compete with MH. Something original like these little Alien fashion dolls and not their Bratzillaz MH knock offs.

Alie Lectric

Cute as heck and sort of 60s sci-fi retro with all the best gimmicks in one toy. Translucent glitter plastic, glow in the dark stand and her body lights up with different colors. Wicked! I'm probably gonna have to go back for the rest of them. They all have different action features and come with a little pet and glow stand.

Official website

Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 14, '12, 11:32 PM.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 18, 2007

Wal-Mart shoppers looking for the DDG Exclusive 3-Pack, look out for Ghouls Rule Abbey, she's apparently a WM Exc. and is shipping now (several on the bay already ).

Ghouls_Rule_Abbey.jpg

Comment

• turnbolt
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 26, 2008

Crap! Mattel...you are killing me with all these new releases.

Found the Roller Maze 2 pack with Abbey this past weekend, but There are no Walmarts near me.

If anybody finds the DDG 3 pack or this abbey...please keep your old pal Colonel Raines in mind.
                      I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

My torsos arrived from Mattelshop today, and I finally opened a package from Mattycollector that came about a week ago and was able to put together my 3 favorite Monster High backgrounders!...I really wanna stick pins and needles all over Hoodude.

I'll have to figure out some more options for the rest of my backgrounders / student body, and come up with a plan for Ghost and Puma torsos.

Does anyone still see the Classroom dolls around? I remember them hanging around longer than other MH stuff (kinda like Sweet 1600 is doing now), but haven't seen any in some time...Just trying to gauge the likelihood of Mattel continuing that subset, maybe next year with more characters (like DotD or Dead Tired). I'll probably get rid of mine if it's just going to be the three.
                        Last edited by Harbingerboy; Aug 19, '12, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• katiedoodle29
                          • Jul 9, 2012

My torsos arrived from Mattelshop today, and I finally opened a package from Mattycollector that came about a week ago and was able to put together my 3 favorite Monster High backgrounders!...I really wanna stick pins and needles all over Hoodude.

I'll have to figure out some more options for the rest of my backgrounders / student body, and come up with a plan for Ghost and Puma torsos.

Does anyone still see the Classroom dolls around? I remember them hanging around longer than other MH stuff (kinda like Sweet 1600 is doing now), but haven't seen any in some time...Just trying to gauge the likelihood of Mattel continuing that subset, maybe next year with more characters (like DotD or Dead Tired). I'll probably get rid of mine if it's just going to be the three.
                          I ordered two packs of the torsos, just so I could put together my Ghost girl. Puma is still in box... Since there is a full torso with shoulders and thighs in white, I just attached the Ghost's parts to that torso. Looks so close to the same color, I can't really tell the difference... Also, I did see some Classroom dolls around a couple of months ago but mostly it's just been Sweet 1600 until the last week or so (we are finally getting newer stuff).

@Turnbolt, if we see anything, we'll grab it. So far I'm only collecting the original dolls and the Dead Tired. (btw, have they released more DT? or are they coming in the future?)

@Werewolf - I'm checking out the Novistars. I love aliens! Now, just gotta find room to put them if I love them. (I kinda think I'm going to love them.) I've got Lord of the Rings, My Little Pony (mostly the first generation), Hugga Bunch and She-Ra everywhere (with some Rose Petal Place, Barbie and Rainbow Brite thrown in) in my office. (My MH collection is in our living room. They greet our guests. Lol.)

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Check Barnes & Noble. I've seen some of the classroom dolls in the toys section.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by katiedoodle29
                              I've got Lord of the Rings, My Little Pony (mostly the first generation), Hugga Bunch and She-Ra everywhere (with some Rose Petal Place, Barbie and Rainbow Brite thrown in) in my office. (My MH collection is in our living room. They greet our guests. Lol.)
                              That's really cool. I really dig those 80s lines like She-Ra and Rainbow Brite.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 18, 2007

Thanks for the Barnes & Noble notes! Glad to hear retail resets are bringing new stuff everyones' way...I've yet to see a single new Dead Tired doll in any store though. I've heard Love's gas stations carry these and the basics (?) but there aren't any near me.

Bratzillaz segue (sorry, I think it's the packaging that's intriguing me)...Any fans of this line know what the deal is with the dolls that INCLUDE their pet inside the package?

images.jpeg.

Found that pic on Google, no idea where it was found, but every one I've seen does not include a pet (the pets selling separately for $6.99). Just curious if anyone knows where the pet inclusive versions are sold?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎