Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry68
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 12, 2008

Thanks for the heads up. We need to buy these before the scalpers put em on ebay.
    sigpic

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by Jem
      MattelShop.com has CAM torsos for sale so you can complete the Dragon and Sea Monster (from the first CAM starter packs) and Torsos with upper arms and thighs for Bee, Three Eyed Ghoul and Skeleton!

http://shop.mattel.com/product/index...uctId=12806734
      That's the best thing Matel has done for its customers / fans in a long, long time! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
        Career Member
        • Jun 18, 2007

Picked up Threadarella today (no sign of Snow Bite, Riding Wolfs were all busted)...these are a really well done deluxe subset, very fun. I hope Scary Tales continues with more characters. The more I try to scale back with Monster High, the less successful I seem to be.

MGA is biting Mattel so hard with Bratzillaz and Novi Stars! lol

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

The only Scary Tales one I've seen is Frankie and only at Target so far. I did pick up Bratzillaz Meygana. I thought she was the nicest looking in set. Don't plan on getting any of the others. MGA is really trying to go after MH with these. They don't use the squat standard Bratz bodies with the snap off feet. They are articulated and proportioned to be compatible with MH dolls and clothes. The quality isn't is good as MH but not terrible.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

Hey Wolf, just curious about the similarities in scale, etc. between MH & Bratzillaz (a friend of mine worked on the Bratzillaz line for MGA and I've been giving her hell with my MH love) - do you have any comparison pics?

I'm obsessed with the Scary Tales packaging, the book design is awesome, the new art (Argh! I wanna read the little comic book!), the cute rhyming copy on the back, the typefaces, all the subtle design choices (making the front 'name tag' a bookmark, the full moon pop-out, the foil ink for "A Monster High Story"). It's really well done, much more interesting than Ghouls Rule imo. Am I the only packaging nut?
            Last edited by Harbingerboy; Aug 9, '12, 6:32 PM.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
              Career Member
              • Jun 18, 2007

Anyone receive their CaM torso sets yet?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                Hey Wolf, just curious about the similarities in scale, etc. between MH & Bratzillaz (a friend of mine worked on the Bratzillaz line for MGA and I've been giving her hell with my MH love) - do you have any comparison pics?
                I will post some pics shortly.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I did. Upon building a bunch of the dolls with the new, properly colored torsos, my daughter realized that two of the dolls are still lacking, since the starter sets only came with one wig. She was still thrilled to get the torsos though.

Comment

• turnbolt
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 26, 2008

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                    I'm obsessed with the Scary Tales packaging, the book design is awesome, the new art (Argh! I wanna read the little comic book!), the cute rhyming copy on the back, the typefaces, all the subtle design choices (making the front 'name tag' a bookmark, the full moon pop-out, the foil ink for "A Monster High Story"). It's really well done, much more interesting than Ghouls Rule imo. Am I the only packaging nut?
                    The packaging for the Scary Tales is amazing. It was very hard for us to open our set. But, as with the rest of the line...the dolls are way cooler out of the package. The story books are fun. I hope this subset continues.

Also, should be getting our torsos today. Will post pics when we get the girls together.
                    I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• katiedoodle29
                      • Jul 9, 2012

Got my torsos! I put together most of mine - just have to open my second package of torsos and put together my ghost girl. Am hoping for accessories packs - wigs and more shoes. If I put a wig on one doll, the other from the package got the shoes. LOL. They are cute - no where near as accessorized as the regular dolls, but fun nonetheless.

Am still looking for Clawdeen/Howleen two packs and, of course, Venus and Robecca and would love if we ever even get to see the Scary Tales packs. We get drips and drabs here in Jersey...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

I don't normally do the early morning, waiting for the doors to open, hunt...but after not seeing Venus & Robecca since my lone Robecca score several weeks ago, I thought I'd give TRU a shot on stocking day. Now I know why this particular TRU never has anything. There were 10-15 ppl waiting outside the doors before they opened - parents with kids, collectors, scalpers I'm sure...It was kind of a turn off but I followed everyone in when the doors opened (not racing however as many of them were) and went straight to the MH section. Also with the same plan? A large Captain Lou Albano looking guy and a young mom and her 2 daughters who were first in line outside the doors. I turned the corner to see exactly what I was looking for (2 Venus & 1 Robecca for my MIB & loose basics collection) just put on shelves. The mom yelled, "There they are girls!" and the two raced forward and grabbed all three and another doll. It was hilarious. They were so excited and had clearly planned and worked hard for this haul. Captain Lou stood behind them huffing. I laughed out loud and walked away just as another older lady joined Captain Lou in harassing an employee to check the back for more dolls. I was glad to see the 2 young girls get them but was put off by the adults acting like buzzards, so I left. On the way home I stopped at the Target where I previously found Threadarella, and Snow Bite was waiting for me!

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Here's a comparison between Bratzillaz and MH. They are the same height. The zillaz stand is just a bit thicker and makes her look just a hair taller. The hat is from a Madame Alexander Witch. Meygana originally had this way too tiny witch hat sewn into her hair. Looked really stupid.

Comment

• Den82
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 17, 2011

I was in TRU and Wal-Mart tonight looking at them.

I'm thinking of buying them solely as future investments. Something tells me these will be one of the few modern toys that are going to be big bucks in the future.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

I think it will be hit or miss for which of these has investment potential. Matty is making a TON of them, they are just getting nabbed up and hoarded or picked apart an played with. It might be good to get a hold of the first releases of basic dolls since the packaging and/or styling of the dolls will keep changing. I know there are adult collectors who are just joining in who are trying to find the earlier basics and if more folks do that sort of thing, those will be much more scarce.

Comment

• Den82
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 17, 2011

Is there a full guide to them anywhere? There seems to be a ton of them made.

I saw 3 packs in Wal-Mart tonight. Not sure if it's the same one I see selling for higher on eBay right now.

Originally posted by rche
                                I think it will be hit or miss for which of these has investment potential. Matty is making a TON of them, they are just getting nabbed up and hoarded or picked apart an played with. It might be good to get a hold of the first releases of basic dolls since the packaging and/or styling of the dolls will keep changing. I know there are adult collectors who are just joining in who are trying to find the earlier basics and if more folks do that sort of thing, those will be much more scarce.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎