X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I have never understood the "feed the scalpers" mentality. The line is hot already. Why alienate the fanbase?

Chris
    That's Matty Collector for you. Matty Collector and Mattel's mass market dolls are two different divisions. Shop Mattel carries Barbies, MH and other Mattel toys year round. Matty Collector sells the limited exclusives and convention stuff.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

What The **** is Hoodoo ? ...
      Why even make him like that ?
      Is he like that on the toon ?
      Is he Scarah's pet ?
      .... I just don't understand the look of him ..., a more so Traditional Boy Doll with his looks, woulda been better imo.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        What The **** is Hoodoo ? ...
        Why even make him like that ?
        Is he like that on the toon ?
        Is he Scarah's pet ?
        .... I just don't understand the look of him ..., a more so Traditional Boy Doll with his looks, woulda been better imo.
        He looks like that in the webtoon. He is a large voodoo doll stitched together and brought to life by Frankie.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• actionplus
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 15, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I have never understood the "feed the scalpers" mentality. The line is hot already. Why alienate the fanbase?

Chris
          EXACTLY. Well put; that is exactly what they have done.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Even though we missed out on the convention Scarah there's bound to be several different versions of her for retail. Mattel always releases multiple versions of the MH characters. Obviously not the same has having the convention figure but at least people's collection won't be missing a character.
            To echo that, Mattel has at least shown attention to reissuing HTF characters in revision cases this year (Abbey, Spectra, Holt, Sweet 1600 Cupid, Werecat Twins, Howleen 2-pack, 2011 School's Out basics...I've heard Gil is supposed to be shipping again soon, and a new version of Howleen will be included in an upcoming 2013 Dance Class assortment). They even reissued a previous assortment and retailer exclusive (Cupid) in the basic line after notorious distribution issues and customer complaints when Wal-Mart didn't have enough stock to honor their ads, which I never saw coming but I'm sure was welcome to everyone who didn't pay a ridiculous price for that doll on the secondary market 4 or 5 months ago. It wouldn't surprise me if Scarah showed up again in some way, especially given her sell-out popularity and all the reports of Digital River receiving angry phone calls from parents with crying kids. If you MUST have the con exclusive, well...convention exclusives for the most part have and always will be a pain, and are rarely cheap or easy to obtain. I was able to get Scarah from Matty, but missed all of Hasbro's exclusives. Heck it usually takes me til SDCC the next year or longer to track down all the exclusives from the previous year's con.
            Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jul 24, '12, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Thats good to read that Holt is being re-issued...
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• katiedoodle29
                • Jul 9, 2012

I was at our Kmart tonight and was shocked to see the Coffin Bean with Clawdeen. They had 2. I'm avoiding collecting any of the specials (except the SDCC exclusives and the Dead Tired dolls), but if anyone wants this particular playset with the doll, Anarchy or I will go get it and send it. Also saw 2 Rochelle Goyles, an Operetta and a Nefera. This is the first time we've seen any of the newer dolls since, well, end of November. Btw, did anyone notice the reissue of Cupid has the diary? Almost bought her just for that...guess I'll be searching to find her diary online without giving Mattel any more money...

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                  Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                  • Aug 14, 2007

My daughter found a loose Frankie Stein at Goodwill this morning for $1. Yay, Mina! She's my 7-year-old picker.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                  https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

^^ That is awesome! Go Mina!!

I have looked at local thrifts wondering if these dolls would start showing up, but have only seen a nude Draculaura that was missing the forearms/hands. I tossed it back, only to find out about the create a monster kits about a week later. Could've used that pink torso after all.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                      • Aug 14, 2007

Only reason that I don't collect MH (besides the scarcity, cost, number of figures..., girliness, etc...) is that my daughter has pretty much told me point-blank that she will steal anything I get for myself. Oh, well.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

One local Target put out an entire endcap of Skull Shores 5-packs (12-15 pcs) this week, which meant I actually found a set that looked like it hadn't been violently shaken / styled by Phyllis Diller. So i assume these will be pretty easy for everyone to find fairly soon ($54), especially as the Gloom Beach 5-Packs are still lingering amongst them.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                          • Aug 14, 2007

Went to Target today chasing after the clearanced-out Draculaura car. No luck! We were going also to buy Cupid for my daughter Mina, named after Mina Harker from Dracula, and she talked us into getting Spectra, too.

She had her own idea for a Monster High custom...BARBECUTIE, the girl made of meat---daughter of the grill!

She's 7. I MAY have had some undo influence on her.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

I am envisioning the MH equivalent to the Invisible Girl on Venture Bros

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by GaryPlaysWithDolls
                              Went to Target today chasing after the clearanced-out Draculaura car. No luck! We were going also to buy Cupid for my daughter Mina, named after Mina Harker from Dracula, and she talked us into getting Spectra, too.

She had her own idea for a Monster High custom...BARBECUTIE, the girl made of meat---daughter of the grill!

She's 7. I MAY have had some undo influence on her.
                              I picked that car up weeks ago for like 11 bucks.
                              I also have seen Cupid Everywhere. som with Diary's... some without. Walmart, TRU and Fred Myers all had Cupids.

I got Abbey this Weekend...
                              School's out Frankie, and Gloom Beach Cleo.
                              Scored a Jackson for Cost pretty much + like 2 bucks on Ebay too .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy decided to sell some of the MH dolls she isn't personally crazy for. Her sale list with pics and prices is here:

Chris

Monster High Draculaura Day at the Maul Boxed NRFB

Monster High Draculaura Gloom Beach NRFB

Monster High Werecat Twins TRU exclusive NRFB

Monster High Frankie Skull Shores Black and White NRFB

Monster High Rochelle Goyle NRFB SOLD and shipped

Monster High Jackson Jekyll Gloom Beach NRFB

Barbie Dana Scully X-Files Loose with stand
                                Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jul 31, '12, 7:11 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎