Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Okay. It's just the packaging is a little confusing. On Hyde it says son of Mr. Hyde. On Jeckle it says son of Mrs. Jeckle. Maybe a typo?

Comment

• Harbingerboy
      Career Member
      • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      Okay. It's just the packaging is a little confusing. On Hyde it says son of Mr. Hyde. On Jeckle it says son of Mrs. Jeckle. Maybe a typo?
      Nah, see one day Mr. Hyde met Mrs. Jekyll and they made a monster sandwich. Nine months later little Jackson was born. His parents eventually split, mostly because of his father's temperament, thus Jackson adopted his mother's maiden name. Eventually Jackson discovered that when the sun goes down he loses his memory and transforms in appearance and personality (from geeky wallflower to party animal DJ), going by the name Holt Hyde.

This is actually mostly true, though family background hasn't officially been released in toy continuity (much like MOTU in the 80s, toy, toon and novel continuity all differ slightly). But this makes the most sense to me. Either that or his mother was a hermaphrodite with multiple personalities who inseminated herself. Try explaining that to your little princess!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I don't collect these, but I find them interesting & am trying to follow the character concepts. Makes sense to me that Holt & Jackson are the same guy, but it cuts down on the suitors for the girls.

So they are adding a cat-girl & male werewolf?

And when can we expect Operetta?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
          Career Member
          • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I don't collect these, but I find them interesting & am trying to follow the character concepts. Makes sense to me that Holt & Jackson are the same guy, but it cuts down on the suitors for the girls.

So they are adding a cat-girl & male werewolf?

And when can we expect Operetta?
          Sure, but having the Jekyll/Hyde personas opens the door for all kinds of kooky Jem/Jerrica love triangle shenanigans drama!

The male werewolf Clawd (Clawdeen's older brother) is on shelves now in a 2-pack with his vampy sweetheart Draculaura. Toralei Stripe (daughter of the Werecat) is the bad girl/antagonist at Monster High and should be on shelves in time for Christmas, along with Cleo's older sister Nefera (the first new style/taller body in the line). All have had appearances in the web toon. No word on Operetta's release yet, though I'm surprised we didn't see her at SDCC (she is listed in some of the latest dolls' diaries and is trademarked by Mattel).

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

Picked up both 3-packs today, Dawn of the Dance at Wal-Mart and Fear Leading at TRU. The Fear Leading pack is actually bigger than the DotD pack (though both only contain 3 dolls). Both sets are smaller than the ginormous Gloom Beach 5-pack from Target. The DotD pack was $34.97 at Wal-Mart. Considering most basic dolls are around $17.99, it's a pretty good price...unless you already own the previously available Frankie and Clawdeen in this set. The Fear Leading pack was $42.99 at TRU. It's still not bad for 3 dolls, but even with the price hike from Wal-Mart stores to TRU you're essentially spending at least another $5 on...packaging I suppose. You do get 3 all-new dolls in this set, however.

You may not like Mattel's new habit of one exclusive MH doll in a pack with 2-4 others...but in this case, DotD Draculaura is an absolute must, really dynamic looking and rounds out the DotD cast perfectly.

Wal-Mart also had a new, previously unseen assortment of roleplay fashion packs & wigs. Not something I would pick up, but cute for the kids. I did snap some pics if anyone wants to see them tho.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Got my Comic Con Dead Fast Ghoulia from Matty. She came with her glasses and the DF mask mine is wearing in the pic.

The set even came with a doll scale MOC Dead Fast figure for Ghoulia. Very cool.
              Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 16, '11, 4:01 PM.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Oops! Double post.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

I like how they have Ghoulia knock-kneed in the package just like the artwork on the outside.

This is a really fun figure. I wish it was not so hard to come by. A doll dressed up as a doll is pretty cool, and the little carded Dead Fast is sort of like the SuperCollector's Museum. Just too cool for words.

I am hoping they make a large sized Dead Fast and his nemisis and a troupe of Ghoulia's zombie schoolmates.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 18, 2007

Picked up School's Out/2011 Basic Lagoona yesterday. Must've been too late for Abbey as the 2 from this case were nowhere in sight, but heads up cuz she's shipping now and has been spotted across the US...Also, hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere yet, but basic Ghoulia, which has been shipping with the School's Out/Spectra asst. for some time, is also shipping with the Abbey/Lagoona 2.0 wave, and this time is in the new style, revised basic box (much like Hyde's repackaging). So, another packaging variant for the hardcore monsters, meaningless info for everyone else.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I got the 2 Dead Fastr Ghoulias I ordered for my daughter yesterday too. they really are cool. They will have to wait for Christmas to get them though.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Trying to remember the two pack I saw at Ross for $16.99. I know it's the one that's been sitting at Wal-Mart since the line came out.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

that would be Cleo de Nile and Deuce Gorgon. what is Ross, that is a great price and my little girl needs a replacement on that set as the Cleo broke

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Ross Dress For Less. It's similar to TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 18, 2007

Picked up Abbey Bominable at Target today. She's shipping with more SO Frankie, SO Lagoona, New-box Ghoulia reissue and Spectra. Very cool!!

Comment

• starsky
                                veteran member
                                • Aug 26, 2007

looking for abbey and spectra too for my daughter!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎