Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New character Bios from Monster High.com. Not there anymore but somebody saved them before they were pulled.

Toralei

toraleibio | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Nefera

neferabio | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Jackson

jacksonbio | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 15, '11, 12:59 AM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jem
      • Nov 11, 2010

I found Spectra today at Kohl's! I also saw the new wave at Target, but no spectra. So hopefully she will start being easier to find for everyone!

Still need DotD Lagoona and Deuce, and Abbey once she hits America, and the ghoul spirit 3 pack, and the Gloom beach 5 pack, and the 3 classroom dolls . . . Crap I will be so broke!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Jem
        I found Spectra today at Kohl's!
        Congrats! She is still really hard to get.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Found the new Dawn of the Dance series at Walmart. I've been really lucky at Wallyworld lately. Found Spectra there too. DOD Ghoulia is of course awesome and Deuce is surprisingly nice too. Much nicer than the two pack Deuce in my opinion. I also forgot to mention earlier that the stands have been inproved in the new Dawn of Dance, Dead Tired and Schools Out series. The waist clips are made of softer plastic and can actually be used without having to worry about damaging the doll's outfits.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

The new webtoon is really cute, looking forward to DF Ghoulia. The new bios look great too. The holy grail I spoke of is my first edition silver-screen Frankie signed by MH creator Garett Sander.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
              The holy grail I spoke of is my first edition silver-screen Frankie signed by MH creator Garett Sander.
              Oh, cool. I'm usually not into B&W toys but it works with that Frankie. Like the chrome accents too.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                Career Member
                • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                Oh, cool. I'm usually not into B&W toys but it works with that Frankie. Like the chrome accents too.
                Yeah, the packaging is impressive. It actually opens like a tri-fold binder/trapper keeper too, unlike the similarly designed S1 general releases. it would've been interesting to see the "silver-screen" trend continue this year at SDCC, but DF Ghoulia is pretty hard to beat as far as MH/con exclusives go.

Anyhow, I'm pretty thrilled with this, it's a really cool display piece. Maybe one day it will be like having a first edition Barbie signed by Ruth Handler!

Anyone know if Garrett will be at SDCC this year? Anyone going?

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Anyhow, I'm pretty thrilled with this, it's a really cool display piece. Maybe one day it will be like having a first edition Barbie signed by Ruth Handler!
                  It's cool that it's signed but not Ruth cool. Ruth and Barbie are icons. Without Ruth there would have been no Mattel, no Barbie, no MH or even fashion dolls as we know them. Not to mention all the toys like GI JOE that owe their inspiration to Barbie.

I'm personally not that into signed stuff and just as well. I opened my B&W Frankie. Kind of kills the value there.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 18, 2007

It's cool that it's signed but not Ruth cool. Ruth and Barbie are icons. Without Ruth there would have been no Mattel, no Barbie, no MH or even fashion dolls as we know them. Not to mention all the toys like GI JOE that owe their inspiration to Barbie.

I'm personally not that into signed stuff and just as well. I opened my B&W Frankie. Kind of kills the value there.
                    Well I guess it all depends on who you ask. No arguing Barbie's cultural and
                    commercial icon status, but one could say that without Bild Lilli there would be no Ruth Handler lol...In regard to myself, Mattel's fashion dolls never interested me in the slightest, but I'm a big a fan of what Garrett Sander and co. are doing with Monster High. In any case, I did say "one day" and was half joking at that. I've always considered MH to be more comparable to something like Jem than Barbie anyhow.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

but one could say that without Bild Lilli there would be no Ruth Handler lol...
                      That's really not giving Ruth enough credit.

She was a founding member of Mattel and a successful business woman in the toy industry at a time when that was unheard of. Ruth had been planning on Barbie for a long time before coming across a Lilli doll by chance on vacation in Germany. Lilli was a piece of the puzzle needed to show the design team at Mattel that a lady doll could be done.

Barbie was Ruth's brain child and she was the driving force behind her. Barbie obviously wouldn't have looked so similar to Lilli at first. But, in my opinion, she would have still been made even if Ruth had never seen the Lilli doll. It was Ruth's ideas and inovations that spawned modern fashion dolls as we know them. Her ideas to sell an inexpensive basic doll with separate fashions and accessories. This concept was so incredibly successful it was copied by Hasbro and GI JOE was born and then later by Ideal with Captain Action and Mego with Action Jackson.

Without Ruth and Barbie, in my opinion, no one would even remember Lilli and she would be lost to time. Ruth deserves and has earned her place in toy history.

Yes, well, kinda rambled there. Sorry about that.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 19, '11, 2:20 AM. Reason: typos more or less. Probably more.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

New MH dolls from SDCC. Finally a doll of Head Mistress Bloodgood.

Monster High SDCC 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Torelai

Torelai | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 21, '11, 4:48 PM.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 18, 2007

It'll be interesting to see if all three go into production eventually or not. I would vote for the Headless Headmistress, but it looks like voting is limited to SDCC attendees. The one on the left (confirmed as Scarah Screams) is a close second. I like the concept of the one on the right (confirmed as Daughter of Arachne), but the execution not so much. I guess she's the one with the pet called Memphis "Daddy O" Longlegs?

Toralei looks great, but isn't much of a surprise after the bio reveals. I'm expecting Nefera in Saturday's coffin-locker reveal. Speaking of coffin-lockers, picked up new Classroom assortment today (for anyone interested, the lockers do make cool background display pieces and ARE designed to be stackable), as well as Day at the Maul pack...A little odd the next Classroom assortment will be fashion packs only...still no DOtD2 for me lol...Seems the Fear Squad pack and Clawdeen's "Room to Howl" Dead Tired playset are really starting to pop up out there!

Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jul 21, '11, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Speaking of coffin-lockers, picked up new Classroom assortment today
                            That's awesome!! Congrats. No sign of Abbey though? I thought she was supposed to ship with the Locker dolls.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 18, 2007

That's awesome!! Congrats. No sign of Abbey though? I thought she was supposed to ship with the Locker dolls.
                              Nope, Classroom case breakdown is 2 x Lagoonas, 1 x Frankie, 1 x Ghoulia. Abbey is shipping in August revisions of basic cases I believe, along with more Spectras and 'School's Out' Lagoona.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Nope, Classroom case breakdown is 2 x Lagoonas, 1 x Frankie, 1 x Ghoulia. Abbey is shipping in August revisions of basic cases I believe, along with more Spectras and 'School's Out' Lagoona.
                                Ah, okay, cool. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎