Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

A new Monster High set hit ebay and then was quickly pulled. Clawd Wolf and Draculaura two pack.

Monster High Draculaura Clawd Wolf Gifset NIB On Hand - eBay (item 130501055645 end time Mar-23-11 17:27:58 PDT)

Should hit stores shortly.

A new Monster High novel hase been released too.

Amazon.com: Monster High: The Ghoul Next Door (9780316099110): Lisi Harrison: Books
    Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 24, '11, 12:53 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
      Career Member
      • Jun 18, 2007

Breathing some life into this thread...

I remember seeing the Cleo/Duece sets in stores a good six months ago, I thought they were very clever, cool concept, excellent execution in character and packaging design (the window boxes have an obvious coffin motif, but did you notice they are also designed to resemble a trapper-keeper?)...I also was reminded of Gravedale High instantly. But as Megos are about as doll-collector as I get (mostly sticking to manly action figures)...something snapped after a visit to Halloween Town and a few weeks of picking up Universal Monsters & Twilight Zone figs, and I went Monster High crazy this week!

Picked a set of the basics up in one day (visiting 2 Targets and a TRU) along with the Cleo/Deuce pack, all four Scream Uniform sets, both Frankie & Draculaura playsets and the Fearbook!

Monster High will be this generation's Jem, I have no doubt.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

chanced by my local Target today and they had these marked down for some sort of sale to 14.99.

I picked up the fish and the zombie to stow away in the 'ya did good, kid' bucket for my daughter.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
          Career Member
          • Jun 18, 2007

Also, for those who haven't seen, pics are circulating of a few upcoming rumored releases - Clawd Wolf & Draculaura 2-pack (there's also a Mattel promo ad for this set) and Spectra Von Hauntington (final product may be called Spectra Vondergeist)...

Glad to see Clawd, though I'd prefer a singular release (which we may see if rumor has it). Not digging the new packaging design. It's very close to the original, and I understand the reasoning (better product visibility), but the current packaging is perfect and unique, and justified in design. The new packaging is just generic. I also hate when a line I collect MIB changes up packaging on me halfway through.

Also likely/expected are Abbey Bominable and Operetta dolls. I would like some confirmation of another wave of Dawn of the Dance before picking up the existing three - anyone know the plan there?

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
            I would like some confirmation of another wave of Dawn of the Dance before picking up the existing three - anyone know the plan there?
            A new Ghoulia is in the second series of Dance of the Dance. BTW: Thanks for posting the pic of Spectra. I had not seen that yet.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
              Career Member
              • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
              A new Ghoulia is in the second series of Dance of the Dance. BTW: Thanks for posting the pic of Spectra. I had not seen that yet.
              Ah yes...I see EE has a case breakdown for DotD wave 2 already (with an expected April arrival)!

2x Lagoona
              1x Deuce
              2x Ghoulia
              1x Cleo de Nile

I don't know what's more interesting, the inclusion of Deuce, the refresh of Cleo or the lack of Draculaura...?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Thank you so much for the new pics! Cindy is really digging them both.
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

my daughter really loves these. I got her most of the set for her birthday which is this coming Monday. She will be really excited tearing into the packages. I have noticed Toys R Us has had more on shelves lately. I found Draculauras coffin bed and picked it up yesterday.(last one) they also had a lot of the Dawn of the Dance and Gloom Beach sets and they had Frankie Steins bed.
                  TRU actually has a sale right now if you spend over $30 on MH you get one of nthe plush set free. Not bad considering those retail for 16.99 each.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

New pics (not mine).

Dawn of the Dance series 2

Looks like they are going to come with a DVD of the Monster High TV special. I think they should starting hitting stores some time this month.

Dawn of the Dance | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And new School's out series. No idea on the release date.

School´s Out | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

• AAAAA
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 28, 2005

Here a version of a monster High school TV show from japan
                      Watch Rosario + Vampire Episode 1 Online | English Dubbed-Subbed Episodes

Here's the first episode of second season
                      Watch Rosario + Vampire Capu2 Episode 1 Online | English Dubbed-Subbed Episodes

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

Thanks for the update Werewolf. DotD S2 look great...though no Draculaura?

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Somebody evidently already got the Clawd and Draculaura 2 pack. There's a photo of them making the rounds. Spectra Vondergeist and Abby Bominable are shown on the back of the package.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Spectra and Abbey on the box back.

Abbey Bominable! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

• jimsmegos
                              Mego Dork
                              • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              Spectra and Abbey on the box back.

Abbey Bominable! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
                              Thanks for the heads up. The wife is going to be super psyched about the news. Shoot dang, who am I kidding, I'm pretty stoked too!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

my daughter is totally psyched about these. Going to have to start hitting TRU on a regular basis again

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎