X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    Those numbers are for the comicon flocked version only. There will be a regular painted one at mass retail eventually. Do they mean flocked like GI Joe's head?
    when I looked at the supersize photo it sure looked like hair flocking to me UGHH why would anyone want a diecast car covered in "velvet"

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
      OK, there will be three versions of the 1:18 scale:

"In recognition of the occasion, Mattel will produce multiple scales of the Hot Wheels® Batmobile, including a 1:64th scale model that will appear on store shelves in Spring 2007 in the Hot Wheels® basic car line. In Fall 2007, there will be an additional 1:64th scale model introduced as well as a 1:43rd scale replica model and a 1:18th scale, which will have three levels of detail and finish. The ultimate version, the Hot Wheels Elite™ special edition Batmobile, will have enough detail to delight even the most discriminating of Batmobile collectors."

Mattel Announces Barris Batmobile Hot Wheels :: Action-Figure :: Toy, Collectibles and Action Figure News and Reviews from across the Globe

Still cannot find anything as for the release date other than this Fall.
      thats great news tiger can not wait for it to come out. mike

Comment

• ABMAC
        User
        • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by jds1911a1
        when I looked at the supersize photo it sure looked like hair flocking to me UGHH why would anyone want a diecast car covered in "velvet"
        At least one of the '66 Batmobiles on the car show circuit was flocked. It looked stupid.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I heard one reason they flocked one of the Batmobiles post-series was due to hairline fractures and cracks in the fibreglass of the car body. The "fuzz" was added to cover these cracks up.

So why would you want a fuzzy Batmobile that was made AFTER the show just to cover up flaws in the car?

I'm about as die-hard a Batman fan as they come, and I don't want that. Give me a shiny black Batmobile any day.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I heard one reason they flocked one of the Batmobiles post-series was due to hairline fractures and cracks in the fibreglass of the car body. The "fuzz" was added to cover these cracks up.

So why would you want a fuzzy Batmobile that was made AFTER the show just to cover up flaws in the car?

I'm about as die-hard a Batman fan as they come, and I don't want that. Give me a shiny black Batmobile any day.

Chris
            now that you mention it I think I read that too. I guess it was probably cheaper to fuzz it than repair the damage and repaint it.

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
              There will only be 525 of the 1:18 scale made, cost of $300 each:

Hot Wheels Batmobile

The comic con was in August and some 1:18 scales have hit ebay, going for $400+
              for that much the comic batmobile will be beautiful . wont pay 400 for one. maybe some will but not me.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by English Paul
                Who the hell wants a furry Batmobile? It`s not even accurate. What do you do clean it? - Get the vacuum out? I`ll be waiting for the regular painted issue, that`s for sure.
                Paul, you are hilarious

Comment

• English Paul
                  Archive cased.
                  • Aug 17, 2005

I have my moments
                  "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• spaceace35
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 1, 2008

didnt the 1/43 scale get cancelled in favor of 1/50th
                    the prototype photos i've seen the rocket tubes look stupid
                    Rockin Rebels

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢