X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Why no new Thundercats!? Anybody know?

Every year since ThunderCats aired on Cartoon Network's now long gone Toonami block there have been rumors of new ThunderCats toys that never EVER pan out.

From what I've read, following the MOTUC toys, Mattel wants the license and the Horseman would love to sculpt them MOTUC style and fans, of course, would love to buy them and yet no ThunderCats.

Now, I've read rumors that Warner Brothers will only license the classic ThunderCats, which is what everbody wants, if you take their updated re-imagined TCats with it. This update is supposed to be so horrendously god awful, unrecognizable and unsellable that no one will touch it.

Is this true?

Anybody really know for sure.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 24, '10, 9:46 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I haven't heard anything, but I'd only like to see the classic line look
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Updated Thundercats? Is there a new cartoon in the works? Or are we talking in the same style as the recent comic book revamp from Wildstorm?

It took a new animated series for Mattel to release new MOTU figures, and even then it's now evolved to a collector's only line.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

There is no new TCats cartoon as far as I know and be thankful.

The last one heard about took place in modern day earth and all the Thundercats were little kids. Lion-O was a human kid name Leon dressed in sneakers, jeans and a T-Shirt. He had a medalion that transformed him into a cat person which looked nothing like Lion-O. No, I'm not kidding. I saw the designs. It had Pokemon and yugioh looking style. It causes me pain just to remember it.

I just remembered some more. They were all in a rock band. Yes, a rock band. I'm getting nauseous now.

Thankfully it never got made. But something like that is what WB is rumored to be forcing licensors to take along with the regular Thundercats license and that's why no one will touch it.

But, hopefully that is just a rumor.
        Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 24, '10, 11:59 PM.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
          GL of Mego Sector
          • Oct 8, 2007

I also saw those designs and we are indeed lucky those have not surfaced. I saw something even before that a few years ago that looks more like original but still quite awful! Right now I am hoping they are testing the waters with the statues that have been coming out, I think there newest one is Cheetara. I would love to see a new toon if it was as lovingly created as the 200X MOTU was.
          No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

I thought they were making that New CGR - Toon ?
            I scene close up shots of Panthro ..., that looked Damn good !
            I saw some pics of it somewhere's ..., perhaps new Toys will follow ?
            Last edited by BlackKnight; Jan 25, '10, 12:07 AM.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
              I thought they were making that New CGR - Toon ?
              I scene close up shots of Panthro ..., that looked Damn good !
              I saw some pics of it somewhere's ..., perhaps new Toys will follow ?
              CGR? What's that?

Comment

• Riffster
                Atomic batteries to power
                • Jun 29, 2008

Last i heard about Thundercats was a live action movie.. and now eith the virtual characters in avatar I think they could do a really nice job with them
                Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                  GL of Mego Sector
                  • Oct 8, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb50GMmY5nk check out that link for an awesome fan made live action trailer using reworked clips from other movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_4Ju6ZqKPU this was a completely fan made trailer I think it won some award to SDCC a few years ago.
                  No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

This years marks the 25th anniversary of the ThunderCats so if there any plans for new ThunderCats toys, now would be the time to do it. I think if we don't hear anything this year at Toy Fair, that's probably it for them.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

I wonder what they would look like if the 4 Horsemen got a hold of them, ala MOTU.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Got a bit info lurking the AFI forums today. A poster there claims the teen rock band TCats toon is officially dead, thank goodness. Bandai supposedly has the license for a new version of ThunderCats based on a new cartoon. No classic toys from Bandai. Only ones based on the new toon.

Take it with a grain of salt because ThunderCats rumors fly fast and furious every year as Toy Fair nears. You never know, I guess, but I'll believe it when I see it.
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 28, '10, 3:33 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

the statues are cool.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎