Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why arent Figures allowed to have facial expressions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Why arent Figures allowed to have facial expressions?

All I can think of is screaming. Hulk because hes mad. Wolverine because hes crazy Captain America because hes constipated .

This is why villians are so cool.

only monsters get to have expressions it seems I loved it when I saw the Wrath of Kahn kirk with an expression . . ok of angry screaming but whats with the fear of expression . SUBTLE expression?

The Mego kirk is great BECAUSE of that little grin. Not a big joker smile but just a grin and McCoys eyebrow is great.

I understand WHY ( so it fits as many play situations as possible and isnt distracting ) but come on Action figures are so huge why not a little more expression? Take a few chances?

We had to do a life size head bust at Make up school . Everybody did dead eye lifeless straight ahead stare. The best in teh room was the guy that did Weekend at Bernies. CAUSE HES SUPPOSSED TO LOOK DEAD!

Then I did mine . Its on my profile page.

What do you folks thinsk about facial expressions in plastic?
  • Thor
    Thunder God
    • Dec 17, 2009

It's the opposite of making a preposed non articulated figure with a angry scowl. I prefer a sparkle in the eye or a smirk that befits the character also. It's too bad that they can't make a eye winking figure.
    sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

One easy argument to that was.....: FAMOUS COVERS.

Let's talk WAY too much expression.., especially Cap and Daredevil.. I had to make my Yellowjacket using a Falcon head for a base, since it looked more like a Sal Buscema rendition.

Turned out GREAT.., ol' Hank just has a little tan, that's all.

david_b
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

The screaming FC heads are the best testimony as to why figures shouldn't have extreme expressions on them. They really had a Leifeld look to them, both in expression and pinheadedness.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I think it's tricky to pin down an iconic expression for a lot of characters. Angry works for some (the Hulk) smarmy too. (Mego Kirk.) But not others. (Angry Gran'ma Walton; smirking Spock?)

Don C.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎