X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New MOTU Origins and Masterverse reveals

Mattel has been sneaking in peaks of new figures on their social media ahead of their Creations Revealed event on the 21st.

Cartoon Evil-Lyn had been rumored for a while, but Adam and Cringer were a surprise.

New Mattel Turtles of Grayskull, Masterverse and Cartoon Origins Revealed (toynewsi.com)
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Man, that Adam looks nice. I wonder if Cringer will be an actual articulated figure this time?
    sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

I would buy a Cringer. I'm mostly burned out on this line now but I would at least like a Modulok, Slime Pit, and of course, Mattel Slime.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

TMNT Skeletor looks cool.

But I'm confused by the Mattel Creations Revealed "event." Is Mattel doing actual sales/solicitations along with the reveals?

I've seen pictures of Origins Sy-Klone in conjunction with Creations Revealed, so.....

Last weeks Walmart Collector Con was a fiasco for me, so I'm worried about Revealed.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 19, '24, 8:40 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

But I'm confused by the Mattel Creations Revealed "event." Is Mattel doing actual sales/solicitations along with the reveals?
          It's for a bunch of Mattel properties not just MOTU. I think Sy-Klone is the only MOTU figure going up for sale Thursday. The MOTU fall catalogue is supposed to be revealed the 26th.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

Appreciate the mention of Sy-Clone going on sale. I would have missed it because the message wouldn't have gotten back to me. I would have been really bummed had I missed that figure. Just missing Duplico and Kol-Darr to complete my Origins collection.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Full fall reveals.

Masters of the Universe Fall 2024 Product Listings - Masterverse, Origins and Turtles of Grayskull - The Toyark - News

No She-Ra in the cartoon collection is really disappointing. On the upside, the Collector is larger than expected. I thought it would be for only one figure.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

I like the Prince Adam and Cringer set they have pictured in the Origins line.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

That Skeletor on throne is giving both Alfredo Alcala and Fred Carillo (who drew a lot of the Golden Storybooks I have) vibes. That Adam and Cringer set really makes want to get in on the Filmation figures!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Makernaut
                      I like the Prince Adam and Cringer set they have pictured in the Origins line.
                      That's my favorite of the reveals.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

One thing I forgot to mention is there are pictures of Prince Adam with a cartoon accurate pink vest and Evil-Lyn without yellow skin. I'm assuming those are the ones that are closer to production.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Some interesting figures, and again lots of customizing opportunities. But I can see completing Origins "proper" is going to be brutal. So much Wal-Mart stuff, and I'm unfamiliar with Fun Channel.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

All the new stuff is up for preorder on BBTS this morning. Go get em.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              and I'm unfamiliar with Fun Channel.
                              Fan channels are online stores like Big Bad Toy Store and Entertainment Earth.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎