X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Mezco One:12 Golden Age Robin

I've had my fingers crossed Mezco would do this, but when the Joker didn't come in a two-pack with Robin, I thought maybe that Batboat had sailed. I was so stoked to hear about this, and even more gobsmacked that my wonderful wife saw it before I did, and told me about it by texting me "I already ordered it for you". Man, I love that woman!!!

x800-15535.jpg
    x800-15539.jpg

x800-15542.jpg

x800-15549.jpg

sigpic
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Awesome!
    I saw this earlier today and immediately placed my order. I was surprised when Mezco announced GA Joker as a standalone release, and like you thought maybe GA Robin was unlikely. Glad to see we were wrong !

A Dick Sprang Penguin and/or Catwoman is probably too much to hope for, but I’d buy ‘em!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh yeah! I'm hoping Catwoman is next myself, but I'd buy either.

Can you imagine if they made a Sprang Batmobile? It would probably cost $400-$500... but I'd have to sell some stuff and buy it!
      sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

This makes me disappointed that I skipped the GA Batman and Two-Face set. Robin looks fantastic!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I've heard several people comment they wish they'd gotten the Batman/Two-Face set now. I wish Mezco would give you more an idea of where they were going with this series. But I'm a huge fan of Dick Sprang's Batman work, so I couldn't pass this up, even if they only made Batman.
          sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I love Sprang’s Batman too. That’s what made it so tempting. I read more Sprang Batman as a kid in the early 70s than Infantino or Adams & those he influenced. If it was just Batman, I would have bought it. But I didn’t want to spend that much on the set with a figure I wasn’t sure I would display (Two-Face). The black suit Batman didn’t interest me.

You win some, you lose some!

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Looks like I won one...

In January, I decided to join the Waitlist at Mezco for the Golden Age Batman and Two-Face set. I know the set has been out for almost two years now, but no deposit was required, so what the heck!

In early March, I get a notification the my Waitlist order has been converted and is processing.

Yesterday, I received the set via FedEx. When the order converted, I decided to go ahead and order the Golden Age Robin and The Joker. I am not getting into Mezco One:12, but this is one of my favorite representations of Batman, so I am happy to splurge (and at those prices, it is a Splurge!).

So even if you miss out on something, join those Waitlists. You might get lucky and still get an item at retail price.

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
                Looks like I won one...

In January, I decided to join the Waitlist at Mezco for the Golden Age Batman and Two-Face set. I know the set has been out for almost two years now, but no deposit was required, so what the heck!

In early March, I get a notification the my Waitlist order has been converted and is processing.

Yesterday, I received the set via FedEx. When the order converted, I decided to go ahead and order the Golden Age Robin and The Joker. I am not getting into Mezco One:12, but this is one of my favorite representations of Batman, so I am happy to splurge (and at those prices, it is a Splurge!).

So even if you miss out on something, join those Waitlists. You might get lucky and still get an item at retail price.
                That’s awesome! Congrats !

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Awesome sauce! Welcome to the club! I love these figures. They are wonderful intepretations of Dick Sprang's work.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎