X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe Revolution trailer

Looks to be influenced by the DC comics Infinity War series.

My guess is Shatner is voicing Gwildor.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

It was good. More fun and less dark than the first season. The writers really know the lore. Lot's of fan service and little nods from across the MOTU multiverse.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Definitely better than MOTU: Revelation, at least.
      Much more He-Man-centric.
      Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jan 26, '24, 7:03 PM.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I binged it yesterday, and really enjoyed it. Cindy was sitting there and got into it too. She remembers more of the Filmation lore than I gave her credit for, but I was pointing out toy and mini-comic nods.

Smith seemed to rein himself in a bit this season, with only a few "did they say that?" innuendos. Overall it was lighter, more fun, and seemed more in the spirit of the Filmation series, albeit "aged up". The nods to the Lundgren movie were welcome as well.

Shatner was really good in it, too! He was great as Two-Face in the Batman '66 movie a few years back. I only wish whoever voice-directed the Filmation Star Trek series got a peformance like this out of him, or the entire cast. I like Trek TAS, but the voice acting has always felt flat to me. I know the actors complained about just reading lines in a booth.
        Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jan 27, '24, 8:51 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i started it this morning. 2 episodes in. Definitely more of a fun vibe than Revelation

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Overall it was lighter, more fun, and seemed more in the spirit of the Filmation series
            That was really my one complaint about Revelation. I get that they wanted to up the stakes and take MOTU very seriously. But they ended up taking a lot of the fun out of it and made it way too dark. They wisely dialed that back a bit this season. Have you seen any of the interviews with producer Ted Biaselli​? Dad at Arms on youtube just did an interview with him. He obviously loves MOTU and really knows his stuff.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 27, '24, 1:28 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

These new shows are not just "Filmation" extensions. These pull from every corner of MOTU lore. POP, The Lundgren film, the minicomics, the various Netflix series, the 2002 MYP series, and the minicomics. To say it is only Filmation is incorrect, and a slap in the face to those of us who prefer other MOTU lore over the Filmation series.

That said, I am VERY happy this series fixed the Skeletor Origin. It was my biggest gripe about Revelations.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I don't think anyone was downplaying the other MOTU media sources, because clearly their influences were very evident here. But since this is animation, and the Filmation series is the most famous and popular verison of MOTU in other media, there are going to be comparisons. This season felt more in keeping with the feel of Filmation than the previous one, to me anyhow. Others may think it's still too dark, adult, etc.
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  But since this is animation, and the Filmation series is the most famous and popular verison of MOTU in other media, there are going to be comparisons. T
                  They've been pretty clear from the beginning they considered Revelation/Revolution to be the spiritual successor to the Filmation series. Ted Biaselli​ really knows his stuff and included easter eggs from all over the history of MOTU including the 87 live action movie and even the Golden books, but the primary inspiration is the Filmation cartoon.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

If I want to start watching these, do I start with Revelation, or is this an entirely new series?

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      If I want to start watching these, do I start with Revelation, or is this an entirely new series?
                      The story is connected but I don't think you absolutely need to watch Revelation to enjoy Revolution.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf

The story is connected but I don't think you absolutely need to watch Revelation to enjoy Revolution.
                        Cool! Thanks!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

I have one episode left of Revolution really liked it and think it's a good story love the nods to the Dolph movie and that Shatner and Hamill are doing voice work.I haven't seen Revealations yet.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎