X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

More D & D Cartoon Figures...

Super 7 Ultimates is coming out with a set of Dungeons & Dragons cartoon figures of their own (a pricey set). The first wave is Hank, Sheila, a Shadow Demon two pack (called a Shadow Warrior), and Dekkion the Skeleton Warrior...

Super 7 does Dungeons and Dragons ULTIMATES! Probably will be sturdier than the Hasbro versions, but waaaaay more expensive. Higher expense, but Super 7's waves come out very infrequently--like 2-3...

These will probably be (as I said) pretty expensive. Many of the Super 7 Ultimate figures are around $55.00 each, I believe.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Jan 17, '24, 8:53 AM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

I really like these and love the 80's DnD animated series.

Depends on the price point for sure.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Here's a link with some additional pictures.

New Dungeons and Dragons Animated Series ULTIMATES Figures From Super7 Revealed
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Dannyc
        • Feb 6, 2023

Originally posted by drquest
        I really like these and love the 80's DnD animated series.

Depends on the price point for sure.
        Super 7 has a standard price for their Ultimates line of $55 each. They don't budge from it when it comes to going any lower than that price. And they upcharge for larger sized figures and certain paint finishes. So you're looking at $220 for the entire wave at least. But it's possible theyre going to charge $65 for the skeleton warrior and maybe even the shadow demon 2 pack. So might be a little more than $220.
        I'm in for the monsters. The kids, I'm fine with the Hasbro figures (as flawed as they are). Mainly cause they kind of scale with Neca's D&D stuff.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Dannyc

Super 7 has a standard price for their Ultimates line of $55 each. They don't budge from it when it comes to going any lower than that price. And they upcharge for larger sized figures and certain paint finishes. So you're looking at $220 for the entire wave at least. But it's possible theyre going to charge $65 for the skeleton warrior and maybe even the shadow demon 2 pack. So might be a little more than $220.
          I'm in for the monsters. The kids, I'm fine with the Hasbro figures (as flawed as they are). Mainly cause they kind of scale with Neca's D&D stuff.
          Yeah well darn I may have to enjoy them from afar....
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I always cringe a bit when S7 announces a license I like. They are so overpriced. Any other company would be a fraction of the price. My $35 NECA D&D figures shame my $55 plus Silverhawks in quality, sculpts, paint, articulation, etc. Thankfully I got them on discount since the chrome repaints are coming out. Monstar was originally $85, That's nuts.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

No prices on the Amazon links, but I just got an e-mail form Entertainment Earth featuring these figures and all 4 are listed at $55 each, the kids, the 2-pack and the Skeletal warrior all at $55 each.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I Think charging $55 for those 2 Shadow Demon accessories is pushing it even for them. One of those would have made more sense as a pack in with Venger.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Dannyc
                  • Feb 6, 2023

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  I Think charging $55 for those 2 Shadow Demon accessories is pushing it even for them. One of those would have made more sense as a pack in with Venger.
                  I guess no better or worse than Hasbro's Venger/Dungeon Master 2 pack retailing for $50 originally. That was kind of a rough deal too.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Dannyc

I guess no better or worse than Hasbro's Venger/Dungeon Master 2 pack retailing for $50 originally. That was kind of a rough deal too.
                    To be totally fair to Hasbro you did at least get one full sized figure. This is two of the same accessories for $55.

Comment

• jacoblb
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2009

I love the D&D toon and characters. I never bought the Hasbro ones due to QC issues. I see many are on clearance. I would love for Mego to do official versions. While I like what S7 showed the cost is a deal breaker for me. I think a nice statue was once made. Maybe the cheapest alternative for me to obtain the ensemble will be to 3d print and paint figurines.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

The piles of unsold Hasbro product would indicate this is a bad decision on Super 7's part.
                        but then, the Hasbro figures broke right out of the box, so...
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

I’d love to get a Dekkion and Shadow Demon (do I really need two, though?), but that $55.00 price tag...Yeek!

The alternate faces on Hank and Sheila are a no go for me (ugh!), I’ll stick with my Hasbro versions.

Dana
                          Last edited by danadoll; Jan 17, '24, 9:02 AM.
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎