Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the DC Universe Sinestro variant so tough to get?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Why is the DC Universe Sinestro variant so tough to get?

I casually picked one up at my local Miejers about a month ago and it didn't appear to be any big deal at the time. Then yesterday I have my buddy call me and he tells me he has been looking everywhere and can't find one. When I looked on Ebay their going on average for $30.00. Is that 'Blackest Night' storyline having that much effect on sales of this 6 inch figure?
    Last edited by MIB41; Sep 16, '09, 8:05 PM.
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I don't know. Sinestro in his Corps uniform I NEVER saw in the store. I had to resort to getting it at FX for an inflated price. we haven't had any of that wave in a long time. I still can't find any wave 8 or 9.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

Sinestro Has had that suit for about 3 yrs now, I believe. It really is nothing "new" . He will probably not go back to the Retro Blue suit ever imo. Green Latern in General is very Popular in Comics,.. & Merchandise. 30 Buck is really nothing compaired to other figure in that Line. Go look up the 1st wave of Walmart figures...

Atom
      Eradicator
      Amazo
      Riddler
      Black Lighting.... if you wanna talk "Bank" on a Figure.

Or even Aquaman .

When the Sinestro Figure Came out,.. it was wave 3 of the figures. In the Cases of figures that were sold,.. you got this..

DeathStroke
      Unmasked DeathStroke
      Robin
      Green Lantern
      Night Wing
      Blue Sinestro OR Yellow Sinestro

Unlike DeathStroke,.. with Sinestro ,.. you ONLY GOT either or,.. you didn't get Both the figures with the case. The Blue I believe was also More Produced. Hence the Mark up on the figure. I bought 2 complete sealed cases of this series,.. & Yellow Sinestro, was not in either.

& Also considering they are about to release wave 10 & 11 before the end of the yr,.. some other figures are started to be a little more saught after. Keep in Mind Also , Distributing of these Figures Suck. But they even sucked more so with the 1st few waves,.... outside of wave 1. Wave 8 is also very difficult to purchase,.. because waves 6,7 & 8 came out on top of each other. Most stores were already stocked with Wave 6 & 7 so,.. didn't really order wave 8. Plus in wave 8,.. Giganta is the Build a figure,.. which is probably the most popular Build a figure to date.

BTW ... That's Blackest Night,.. Not Darkest Knight Tom.
      Last edited by BlackKnight; Sep 16, '09, 3:05 PM.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks for the explanation gentlemen. I guess when I picked him up for $9.99, I just flat lucked out and didn't know. Thanks for the correction on that storyline Jason. Obviously I haven't been engaged with comics for the past year, so I'm behind the times as it were. Between the "death" of Captain America and "alternate world" Spiderman storylines I lost interest.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I passed on, I kid you not, a dozen or so Yellow Sinestros because I wanted classic Sinestro. Kinda burns a little to know I could have resold those for more money later. I guess this is why I'll never be a scalper.

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

I woulda Much rather had the Yellow version.
            However I did Manage to Snag the JLU Yellow version of Sinestro.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
              Kinda burns a little to know I could have resold those for more money later. I guess this is why I'll never be a scalper.

When the Dark Knight Movie Masters 1st came out.
              The ones that look like DC Universe figures..
              The Ledger Joker was going for 135 to 155 on Ebay,.. & selling so damn rediculously. I saw like 15 of those in the stores,.. & never bought 1 of them. Scene the prices on Ebay after the fact. Never saw him again,.. untill the market was flooded. Now,.. you would be lucky to get 5 bucks for the figure.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
                I lost interest.

Well, thats what happens when you read Marvel.

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 6, 2006

I actually preferred the DC Direct version of the yellow costumed Sinestro. Since they are making more of the different colored corp members, it just made more sense to get one. Blue and Red come out in 2 weeks. September 30th.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                    Well, thats what happens when you read Marvel.
                    Isn't THAT the truth? I hear Marvel is even going to revitalize their highly flawed "clone saga" once more. Exactly how many times do you have to **** off readers before you get the picture? It would be nice if they would just return Spidey to his original reality and get the real Cap back (as he was) and be done with this joke.

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

kinda weird bec the only one from that wave i would always see on the pegs is the blue sinestro.

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

The Clone Spidey book that's coming out is outside of continuity. It's supposedly how the story was originally planned to be told by the writers before it was changed up.

Somewhat like the new Claremont X-Men book, X-Men Forever. To me it's the best X-Men book coming out right now.

But i doubt I'll say the same thing about the Clone book

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

I Love the New X-Force Book. It's the only 1 I buy,.. but have been buying Cable too, since the crossover.

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

I also never saw either version of Deathstroke in the stores. We didn't seem to get a lot of that wave. But thanks to a member here I at least have the unmasked version now. Amazo is the other one I never saw in a store either. If I could just find wave 8 and 9 now.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Apparently Mattel is having issues getting wave 9 out. I don't understand this. If Playmates can flood the shelves with unwanted Star Trek and Terminator: Salvation toys, why can't industry giant Mattel get ordered product into stores! Clearly there are pegs for DCUC, but they are rarely filled. And at my store, they just keep getting in either the wave with Captain Marvel or the one with Captain Cold OVER and OVER.

Check out Mattel's memo on it here:

Action Figure Insider Best Toy News on the Web!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎