Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Man, those look nice. I could easily get into those. They really take the classic MOTU look and bring it into the present without losing it's charm!

But what's the deal with Scareglow? He came after my MOTU days, and I remember seeing his package in Tomart's or something. I think it said he was "The Ghost of Skeletor". Did Skeletor die? Did He-Man kill him?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

ScareGlow was either Made,... or just a Proto type was,.. or something. I have scene images of the classic 80's toy somewhere's. ... I dunno if he is Skeletor at all...., I am sure http://www.heman.org has some info on him somewhere's...
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Scareglow was released. He was one of the scarcer late releases like Sorceress, Ninjor and King Randor. Scareglow is not Skeletor's Ghost. Just one of Skeletor's warriors.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Scareglow was released. He was one of the scarcer late releases like Sorceress, Ninjor and King Randor. Scareglow is not Skeletor's Ghost. Just one of Skeletor's warriors.
          ok good I thought i would be the only one to know that
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
            ok good I thought i would be the only one to know that
            I think we're the two biggest MOTU nerds on the museum.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
              I think we're the two biggest MOTU nerds on the museum.
              agreed, I mean come on the I have the He-man intro song on my IPOD I'm such a dork
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
                agreed, I mean come on the I have the He-man intro song on my IPOD
                That totally rocks!

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

i think you guys are right!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 18, 2008

Make room for dork number 3. I had an original scarglow back in the day. It was pretty cool. I got my He-ro figures today and i might have an extra one for sale. I still freakin need king grayskull if anyone has one for cheap.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks for the Scareglow info. I guess I misread the tiny type in the pic I saw of the vintage package.

I was a pretty big MOTU fan in the day. Had EVERYTHING Mattel made up til 1986. It was the first line where I actually did "collect them all!"

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• 60'schild
                        Silver Haired Silver Ager
                        • Mar 27, 2009

Add me to the list of He-Man uber fans. Even though it was made much later than the stuff I grew up with, it just "feels" like the vintage cartoons (Jonny Quest, Space Ghost etc..) that I grew up with ... so I just "adopted it!"

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by 60'schild
                          Add me to the list of He-Man uber fans. Even though it was made much later than the stuff I grew up with, it just "feels" like the vintage cartoons (Jonny Quest, Space Ghost etc..) that I grew up with ... so I just "adopted it!"
                          That's really cool.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I bought my daughter the She-Ra box set recently and she's really taken to it. I may have to try for an adora that day.

Kind of wish I'd have gotten in on these classic figures earlier.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I've always loved MOTU and collected them back when they were going on clearence and had most everyone MOC, including the later Scareglow, Sorceress and King Randor. But I traded them off years ago for Megos. I've thought about getting the new line but have missed eveyone so far, so catching up would be a pain and costly now.

But that Adora, Teela and Evil-Lyn catch my eye.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Anarchy
                                Career Member
                                • May 26, 2009

just got a man at arms and man this figure is kick *** i think the best figure of the new line this far. now just need a hordak to get caught up.
                                Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎